In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special selection priority under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
This announcement is open to applicants who meet the area of consideration as described in the vacancy announcement, under the heading "Who May Apply." Your response to the following question will determine whether or not you meet the defined eligibility criteria.
1. Select the statement that best describes your federal employment status:A. I am a current U.S. Department of Homeland Security employee in the competitive service who is serving on a career or career-conditional appointment. I work within the local commuting area of the announced duty location and I am assigned there on a permanent basis.
If you answered "A" or "B", you must provide your agency and the location (city,state) where you work.
The following question will be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience and/or education?A. I have at lease one year of experience coordinating and monitoring a variety of administrative projects (e.g., budget, personnel, travel, space, logistics); identifying and recommending solutions to a wide range of administrative problems; analyzing administrative data from a variety of sources to develop trends, patterns, profiles, estimates, and studies; preparing preliminary and finished reports and documents; and representing the office in dealings with vendors and personnel from administrative support organizations.
Provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-9 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-9 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (MM/DD/YY - MM/DD/YY) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
For each task statement below, please select the response that best describes your skill level. The statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to successfully perform the work of this position.Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skill levels you claim in this questionnaire. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
4. Indicate the extent to which you have researched and analyzed data as part of studies or evaluations.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
5. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate orally with all levels of employees and management in order to obtain and provide information.A. I have questioned, interviewed, or conferred with others to obtain or verify information; or participated in debate or speech programs; or explained nontechnical procedures to customers.
6. Indicate the extent to which you have monitored or updated a budget.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
7. Select the choice which best describes how you have interacted with others, including visitors, all levels of employees, and management.A. I have been an individual contributor or facilitator on several teams which met project goals and deadlines, through helping to reach consensus on problems/issues which would arise.
8. Have you advised employees, supervisors, and managers on basic administrative program policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements?A. Yes
9. Select the choice which best describes the extent to which you have prepared final correspondence and other documents.A. I have prepared memos, transmittal letters, and form letters.
10. Indicate the extent to which you have planned, developed, and conducted management surveys, evaluations or analyses for a variety of purposes.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
11. Indicate the extent to which you have managed property or participated in space utilization programs, including conducting inventories of nonexpendable property (e.g., equipment, furniture, etc.).A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
12. Have you analyzed and monitored procurement requests, including credit card transactions, purchase orders, Blanket Purchase Agreements, reimbursable work authorizations, and other obligations?A. Yes
13. Have you reviewed and approved purchases of services, equipment, and supplies?A. Yes
14. Have you tracked and reconciled office procurements and budget expenditures?A. Yes
15. Have you set up blanket purchase agreements covering services, repairs, rentals, maintenance, and established user requirements?A. Yes
16. Have you prepared purchase requests, statements of work, and sole source justifications, and ensured that funds were available for purchases that exceed delegated authority?A. Yes
Applicants who have held a permanent position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-11 or higher in the competitive service may be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your answer and narrative response to the following question will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively based on your responses and that information is later found to be incorrect, you may lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of any position(s) you have held, respond "No".
17. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-11 or higher?A. Yes
18. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
If you are not a current Federal employee, please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.