Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 07.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Choose one answer that best describes your experience, education, or combination of education and experience as related to the basic qualification requirements for Administrative Management Specialist, GS-0301-07:A. Have a bachelor's degree in any field of study and meet Superior Academic Achievement (S.A.A.) criteria. S.A.A. is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Perform a variety of staff support and program management duties based on the needs, demands and/or size of an assigned office.
3. Advise staff management and employees on administrative management matters.
4. Manage purchasing and supply requirements for property, supplies, equipment, office furniture, etc.
5. Develop and enter procurement requisitions in system.
6. Monitor and track accountable property.
7. Conduct semi-annual or annual inventories in accordance with regulations.
8. Manage fleet inventory, tracks maintenance and service provided.
9. Manage mailroom operations.
10. Screen, sort and distribute mail received at office.
11. Oversee records management plan.
12. Coordinate office training requirements and availability of funds for training.
13. Maintain individual training plans, to ensure required training is accomplished.
14. Maintain training database.
15. Advise staff on various civilian human resources administrative and procedural requirements.
16. Conduct exit interviews.
17. Process employee benefits.
18. Process employee fingerprinting, clearances, badges, and credentials.
19. Conduct a variety of studies and program analysis activities to determine effectiveness of the administrative operations.
20. Evaluate and analyze data providing overall support to the technical and management facets of the administrative operations.
21. Make recommendations and administrative strategies or changes as a result of studies and in order to resolve issues and problems.
22. Responsible for the management of the timekeeping responsibilities for the office providing liaison between employees and office ensuring time sheets are properly entered into the system in a timely and accurate manner..
23. Responsible for the day-to-day mail room management and operations ensuring that all mail is picked up expeditiously and delivered to appropriate location.
24. Develop plans, policies, and procedures for the local record management program for the office ensuring that policies and regulations are implemented.
25. Maintain an employee training database to ensure annual training needs and requirements of employees are accomplished.
26. Request, receive and respond to requests for information and/or data providing status, advice and materials to various internal components and external organizations.
27. Prepare routine correspondence, reports and other materials in final form as required collecting information form available automated systems.
28. Communicate orally with supervisors, co-workers, visitors and customers concerning related policies, practices, procedures and precedent guidelines.
29. Responsible for conducting exit interviews and new employee orientation.
30. Train office staff as needed on various administrative duties such as records management, fleet management, purchasing card functions and timekeeping.