Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however, a valid number is required in order to process your application.
Select the occupational specialty. The occupational specialty code for this position is:
Select at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code(s) for this position is/are:
1. Do you have knowledge of and skill in applying auditing or investigative practices and techniques in order to develop, direct, and execute the audit and investigative operations in a Federal, State and/or local government agency or private organization?
SECTION I. THIS SECTION RELATES TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION.
2. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the Inspector General, GS-301-15 position. Make sure your application supports the response that you select. You must address the specific specialized experience required for this position on your application or you will be rated "ineligible." Your application must include the average hours worked per week. Mark only 1 response.
SECTION II. THIS SECTION RELATES TO THE QUALITY OF YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THE EXTENT TO WHICH YOU POSSESS THE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION. FOR EACH TASK IN THE FOLLOWING GROUP, CHOOSE THE STATEMENT FROM THE LIST BELOW THAT BEST DESCRIBES YOUR EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND/OR TRAINING. PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER FOR EACH ITEM.
Competency Definition: Knowledge of investigative and auditing standards, policies, procedures and techniques in order to develop, direct, and execute the audit and investigative program operations of an agency.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Independently develop, direct and execute the audit, investigative and support operations of an agency.
4. Use investigative practices and techniques to develop, direct, and execute investigative operations of the agency.
5. Plan and direct audits of agency programs to:
(1) examine the agency's financial transactions, accounts, and reports, including evaluations of compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
(2) review the efficiency and economy of agency programs;
3) determine whether desired results are achieved.
6. Use auditing standards, policies, and procedures established by governing bodies in order to analyze work related to developing and executing audit policies and programs.
Competency Definition: Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established control systems and rules.
7. Establish program emphasis and goals and develop plans, policies, issues and pertinent regulations, guidelines and instructions to achieve them.
8. Direct or lead functions involving selection, promotion, making work assignments, evaluating performance, ensuring training and development of employees, awards recognition, and taking disciplinary actions as necessary.
9. Review existing and proposed rules and regulations concerning agency programs and operations and make recommendations concerning the impact of such legislation on the economy and efficiency of programs.
Competency Definition: Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques for establishing internal control activities (for example, authorizations, verifications, reconciliations), monitoring their use, and evaluating their performance (for example, identification of material weaknesses or significant deficiencies).
10. Perform quality assurance and internal control reviews of agency operations.
11. Manage contract performance for various financial and auditing assignments with executives of contracting organizations.
12. Manage projects, staff, financial and other resources to develop plans, policies, and utilize pertinent regulations, guidelines, and instructions to accomplish these tasks.
Legal, Government, Jurisprudence
Competency Definition: Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, legal practices and documents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, government organization and functions, and the democratic political process.
13. Apply and interpret laws, precedents, regulations, legal codes and court procedures.
14. Manage the staff, projects of the office, financial and other resources in accordance with laws, regulations, and public policy, to achieve intended program results efficiently, economically, and effectively.
15. Ensure that effective mechanisms are in place for coordination and liaison with the accountability community and other agencies (i.e. Government Accountability Office and the Department of Justice.)
16. Provide assistance to attorneys in the preparation and conduct of criminal and civil proceedings involving agency employees, employees of other government organizations, and others doing business with the agency and reports expeditiously to the Attorney General.
Competency Definition: Recognizes or uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling, communicates information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner, produces written information, which may include technical material, that is appropriate for the intended audience.
17. Submit reports to senior management in accordance with external reporting requirements e.g., to Congress.
18. Prepare reports that include recommendations for corrective action, a summary of any matters referred to prosecutive authorities, and the prosecutions and convictions which have resulted.
19. Prepare audit or investigative findings through explanation and/or reports to include condition, cause, effect, and recommendations.