Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696.A. Degree: that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-12.A. I have one year of experience, equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service coordinating the review process of industry submissions such as food and color additive petitions.
3. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience managing and coordinating the review process of industry submissions such as food and color additive petitions.
Ability to apply scientific and regulatory expertise
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Manage and coordinate the work of a multi-disciplinary project review team responsible for the evaluation of industry submissions.
5. Serve as the agency contact for all communications concerning project status.+
6. Arrange and moderate meetings on assigned projects, and facilitate the scientific discussion at these meetings.
7. Evaluate input and recommendations received from scientific reviewers in drafting letters and memoranda.
8. Assemble and maintain the administrative record that documents the agency's decision making process of industry submissions, and update databases and tracking systems.
9. Serve as an agency scientific and regulatory expert in matters relating to area of responsibility.
10. Resolve scientific and regulatory issues in the review of submissions.
11. Represent the organization on committees and at meetings by making suggestions, recommendations, and commitments concerning regulatory matters.
12. Develop and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences in support of the premarket evaluation programs for food ingredients, packaging, and foods from new plant varieties.
13. Serve as the industry contact for all assigned projects and communicates directly with industry counterparts to resolve issues, facilitate submission of needed technical information, and explain regulatory issues.
14. Develop and review proposals for new regulations, policy statements, guidance documents, talking points, and briefing documents pertaining to area of scientific and regulatory expertise.
15. Prepare responses to inquiries from the regulated community, consumers, and others on the safety and regulatory status of food ingredients and packaging materials.
16. Review, summarize, and draft responses to public comments received on proposed regulations and to objections received on final rules.
17. Develop written requests for additional information on assigned premarket submissions based on input received from scientific reviewers
18. Advise those seeking premarket evaluation and clearance of a food ingredient or packaging material or food from a new plant variety on regulatory pathways and procedures.
19. Serve as a consultant on legal and regulatory issues relative to current initiatives regarding food ingredient and packaging materials and food from new plant varieties.
20. Provide technical input on enforcement cases regarding the regulatory status of food ingredients and packaging materials.
21. Develop and implement policies and procedures regarding premarket review and post-market surveillance of food ingredients, packaging materials and food from new plant varieties
22. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.