Read the definitions below to determine what options (001, 002, and/or 003) you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
002 Merit Promotion. This option includes current or former Federal service employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles, and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service).
003 Noncompetitive. This option includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) (for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level), Military Spouse Non-Competitive Hiring Authority, and persons with disabilities. This also includes applicants who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal competitive position at the full performance grade level for this position.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED.
1. Please select the response below that BEST reflects your qualifications for the Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist (Deputy Director Plans and Exercise Division GS-0346-14 position.A. I have one year of specialized experience utilizing qualitative and quantitative methods to plan, analyze, and review the efficiency and effectiveness of programs, developing techniques and solutions to operational problems.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
DEFAULT SCALE: Please select the response that best reflects your experience performing the specified tasks.
2. Plan, coordinate, and advise on wide ranging logistics management strategies requiring an awareness of critical current and emerging needs of the public and emergency management partners that impact agency logistics management operations planning.
3. Perform analytical and program evaluation activities directly impacting the planning and execution of supply chain management, transportation and fleet management services, and property and inventory management programs.
4. Oversee planning and exercise development activities ensuring recommendations effectively interface with the programs and practices of other disaster response/emergency management partners (agencies/organizations).
5. Coordinates major projects; assigning, coordinating, and reviewing the work of personnel.
6. Executes responsibilities associated with performance management, supporting the technical and individual development of assigned staff.
7. Address and adjudicate employee complaints and grievances.
8. Develop organizational and staffing plans involving issues impacting recruitment, training, and skill development.
9. Perform fiscal planning activities, monitoring the execution and status of organizational funding making recommendations for realignments as needed.
10. Coordinate the establishment of internal controls designed to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations, and protect program and administrative operations from fraud, waste, and mismanagement.
11. Represent the organization during audit and internal controls reviews.
12. Present senior agency leaders with detailed evaluations and recommendations for changes in logistics management concepts and operations based on exercise results.
13. Represent the agency in logistics management interactions with government and private sector emergency management organizations.
14. Serve as an authoritative spokesperson and advisor to senior leaders and emergency management partners in logistics planning and exercise development.
15. Present detailed evaluations and recommendations to agency leaders in meetings, briefings, and conferences.
16. Direct and review prepared written materials impacting critical strategic planning, exercise development, program operations, and logistics management related policy.
17. Prepare highly technical documents for senior Agency officials such as policy, briefing papers, status reports, responses to Congressional inquiries, and broad program evaluations.
18. Oversee the development and documentation of long-range strategic logistical resource planning process.