Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
The following questions are related to the qualification requirements for this position. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter which best describes the education or experience you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-09 position. Your resume and/or transcripts must fully support your response. You MUST select one response.A. I possess a master's or equivalent graduate degree or have successfully completed 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree in: computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your experience and/or training using the scale below. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Use network system access controls (e.g., password control systems, client ID, etc.) to detect suspicious or unauthorized activities
3. Use a security incident responses procedure program to respond to issues which may limit the availability of computer or network resources (e.g., computer viruses, unauthorized system intrusions, other related computer/network security breaches)
4. Recognize anomalies in audit logs (e.g., firewall, web server, etc.) to identify violations or attempted intrusions
5. Write information systems security documentation (e.g., systems security plans, risk assessments, disaster recovery plans, business continuity plans and user security guides) to develop and/or implements routine security procedures for office administrative staff
6. Conduct client support visits to gain awareness of business technology products and services needs and requirements
7. Plan system or application security functions to control software licensing, virus protection, user access and audit control and monitoring
8. Explain system security awareness protocols to assist end users in knowing their roles and responsibilities (e.g., via security training, bulletins and briefings)
9. Identify new developments in information security technology to make recommendations on usage within the context of organization policies, plans and management strategies
10. Describe changes in legislation or organization policies to determine their potential impact on IT security policies
11. Analyze technical specifications, risk analyses and assessment to define security requirements for new software applications
12. Write specifications to design IT security requirements at the application or network level
13. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this warning
- have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.