Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-0301-12 Emergency Management Program Specialist work.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service. Specifically, specialized experience is described as having a combination of experience providing technical disaster assistance and recovery guidance to DHS/FEMA regional staff, Federal, State, and local stakeholders as it relates to the Robert T. Stafford Act, Public Assistance Program.
2. Please indicate below your knowledge of and experience in the structural engineering field which will enable the ability to assess, visually inspect, evaluate and manage complex public works projects and construction projects, as well as associated internal operations of local government.A. Yes, I have demonstrated experience in the areas indicated above.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of and experience with the principles, concepts and practices of the civil engineering and construction fields, and the ability to apply such knowledge to the repair and reconstruction of public infrastructure funded through the public assistance program. For each of the task statements below, please select the response that best indicates the skill level that you possess for each task listed. Please select only one letter for each item. The task statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Assures the review of all sub-grant applications (projects) and supplements for conformity with current regulations and established program eligibility criteria.
4. Prepare engineering evaluation/analyses of proposed work to clearly delineate those specific portions of the proposed project eligible for funding under the program.
5. Evaluate projects after completion to determine conformity with the approved scope of work and or costs.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of and experience with FEMA's public assistance programs.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Assists the Governor's authorized representative, the state coordinating officer, their staffs, as well as other key state and local officials regarding the methods and procedures necessary to receive public assistance and grant program financial assistance.
7. Assures that proper reports, plans and other grant management tasks are prepared appropriately and that all financial requirements for administration of the grant are completed in a timely manner.
8. Recognized as the agency authority for public assistance programs to include interpretation of agency programs, policies, regulation and guidance.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your experience and ability to manage the work of Public Assistance staff assigned to a federal disaster or emergency operation.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
9. Manage field operations for public assistance components required for federal response and recovery efforts to include incident management teams, preliminary damage assessment teams, technical assistance teams, joint field office staff, and when assigned, serve as the public assistance branch director and/or public assistance group supervisor in joint field office operations.
10. Serves in various management/over-sight roles in the administration, coordination and delivery of the public assistance program, the fire management assistance grant program and other field operations.
11. Ability to work effectively with these groups to clearly convey program eligibility and ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner to meet program goals.