Thank you for your interest in the Travel Specialist, GS-301-09 position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for the Travel Specialist, GS-301-09 position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-09 level because I have completed a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B. or J.D., if related.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. National Institute Allergy and Infectious Diseases Employee (NIAID) – I am a current and permanent Title 5 National Institute Allergy and Infectious Diseases employee.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional Standard Form-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from the eOPF Page.A. Yes
2. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position within the Department of Health and Human Services in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are considered well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on CTAP, please visit OPM's The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page .A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
1. Provide advice and guidance on Federal travel regulations and policies.
2. Research and interpret travel policies and procedures.
3. Review new travel regulations to determine potential impact on current travel operations.
4. Provide information on changes in travel regulations to managers and staff members.
5. Determine exceptions for application of travel regulations and policies.
6. Ensure approved travel complies with applicable travel regulations and policies.
7. Provide guidance to others in administering travel functions.
8. Coordinate use of automated systems for administering travel operations.
9. Assist staff in preparation of travel vouchers.
10. Review requests on unusual travel situations (i.e., use of premium class travel).
11. Review permanent change of station orders.
12. Review travel orders for adherence to applicable travel policies.
13. Resolve problems with travel orders.
14. Maintain travel information electronically on the internet.
15. Coordinate the Government Travel Credit Card program.
16. Provide guidance and interpretation of travel credit card procedures.
17. Review travel credit card records for potential cases of misuse.
18. Conduct periodic audits of travel credit card expenditures.
19. Resolve travel credit card payment problems.
20. Provide travel or program guidance to others within the immediate organization.
21. Provide travel or program guidance to others outside of the immediate organization.
22. Coordinate travel activities with other organizations.
23. Identify staff and customer needs and requirements.
24. Provide technical advice and information on work groups to accomplish special projects.
25. Present information to management officials and customers.
26. Prepare written reports pertaining to program operation of travel policy.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
27. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.