In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special selection priority under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) employee in the competitive service who is serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
If you answered A or B, you must provide your agency name and dates of service (MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY).
The following question will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience and/or education?A. I have at least 1 year of experience searching/analyzing information from records/databases to confirm the identity of individuals arrested/detained; interviewing individuals to obtain facts; securing statements/affidavits/documentary evidence for reports/case files; writing reports concerning law enforcement-related activities; or performing law enforcement support duties such as responding to general immigration inquiries.
If you answered A or C to the previous question, you must provide the position title(s) and date(s) of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates this experience.
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-07 grade level?A. Yes. I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-07 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
4. Have you successfully completed Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training in accordance with 8 CFR 287.1(g) and other applicable agency policy. This includes successful completion of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Detention and Removal Operations (DRO) Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training Program (ICE_D); the legacy Immigration Officer Basic Training Course (IOBTC); the Border Patrol Academy; the combination of both the legacy Basic Immigration Detention Enforcement Officer Training Course and the ICE DRO Equivalency Training Program (ETP); the ICE Special Agent Training Program; the combination of FLETC Criminal Investigator Training Program and the DRO Equivalency Training Program for Special Agents (ETPSA) and for legacy US Customs Special Agents, the ICE / Customs Special Agent Cross Training Program. Due to regulatory requirements, no other training will be accepted. Please note, if selected, you may be required to submit proof of completion (i.e. training certificate).A. Yes
If you answered a A to the previous question, provide the course and date of completion.
5. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
6. The date immediately preceding an applicant`s 40th birthday is the final date they are considered eligible for selection referral. Will you have reached age 40 by the closing date of this vacancy announcement?A. Yes
7. The age restriction does not apply if you have served in a Federal civilian (not military) law enforcement position covered by Title 5 U.S.C and will have a total of 20 years of coverage prior to your 60th birthday. Are you presently or have you previously been employed in such a Federal civilian law enforcement position?A. Yes
If you answered A to the previous question, provide the dates of your Federal civilian law enforcement experience (from MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY).
8. The age restriction does NOT apply if you are a preference eligible veteran as defined in Title 5, U.S.C., Section 2108, item (3). Are you a preference eligible veteran?A. Yes
If you answered A to the previous question, you must include in your application package a copy of your DD214 or other proof of eligibility for veteran’s preference.
9. Do you currently have a valid state driver s license?A. Yes
10. Will you be able to obtain a valid driver's license within the next three months (before entering this job)? If you answered A to the previous question, indicate "Not applicable."A. Yes
Applicants who have permanently held a position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-09 or higher in the competitive service can be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your response to the following question will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a noncompetitive eligible. If you are referred noncompetitively based on your responses and that information is later found to be incorrect, you may lose further consideration under this announcement.
11. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-09 or higher?A. Yes
If you answered A to the previous question, provide the position title, pay plan, series, and grade level (or pay band). Also include the promotion potential and the dates (MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY) you held this position.
Example: Legal Assistant, GS-0986-07 with promotion potential to GS-08, held from 10/12/2004 to 6/05/2005.
12. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
If you answered D to the previous question, you must provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) that know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.
For each task statement below, please select the response that best describes your skill level. The statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to successfully perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skill levels you claim in this questionnaire. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
13. Ensure deportee is correct individual and deportable.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
14. Coordinate with domestic and foreign officials, airport and airline representatives for required travel authorizations and documents.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
15. Counsel detainees regarding detention issues and immigration processes.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
16. Supervise and transport detainees (including medical, court, and prison pick-ups).A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
17. Safeguard detainees' personal possessions.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
18. Interview people to establish alienage and removabilty.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
19. Take and issue sworn statements including the Miranda/Consulate Advisement Rights provisions.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
20. Process and serve post arrest documents.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
21. Gather and review evidence collected through database inquiries, records and certifications from other federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, forensic examination, and testimony from defendants and witnesses.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
22. Prepare documents to initiate removal proceedings and arrests.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.