Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience that meets the Specialized Experience for the Government Information Specialist, GS-306-14.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that includes analyzing and recommending action on requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA); knowledge of federal laws, related statues and applicable regulations statutory provisions and requirements of FOIA; interpreting FOIA policies procedures and directives and providing advice and assistance regarding FOIA activities.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.
2. Participates as the representative to the FOI Council to monitor policy, assist in the development and implementation of policy, and ensure consistency in the processing and application of the FOIA across the agency.
3. Maintains and/or develops a working knowledge of the FOIA, by attending conferences (especially those given by the Dept. of Justice) to ensure that appropriate policy and interpretation are current (and consistent with any changes to case law, the regulations, etc.).
4. Receives, analyzes, investigates, and recommends action on requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act.
5. Ensures that the FOIA regulations and the statutory provisions are appropriately applied in any release decision.
6. Proposes full or partial denial recommendations to the agency's Denials & Appeals authority, when appropriate.
7. Receives, analyses, investigates, and recommends actions on requests for information under the FOIA.
8. Assists with disclosure related programs, other than a logged FOIA request, to include responding to subpoenas, Congressional inquiries, IG, GAO, proactive posting to the internet, etc.
9. Assigns work to subordinate staff and reviews and approves work done by assignee.
10. Ensures that the FOIA regulations and the statutory provision are appropriately applied in any release decision.
11. Provides assistance to the Office of Chief Council if litigation results from a FOIA or disclosure issue.
12. Researches relevant legislations, regulations, and precedents to determine if documents need to be redacted or can be released in their entirety.
13. Consults with other component FOI officers, both within and outside the organization as needed.
14. Maintains close relationships with other Agencies (such as the EPA, NOAA, the White House, etc.) to determine who is responsible for what records as well as to determine what documents will be released to the public.
15. Serves as the resource authority, in determining what documents are release-able and what information needs to be redacted.
16. Keeps management apprised of related appropriate changes, and workload reports which may impact an organizational component.
17. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.