Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
ICTAP is a placement program developed by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as a special inter-agency career transition assistance program for displaced Federal employees during a period of severe Federal downsizing. The ICTAP only applies when agencies are making selections from outside their workforce and does not prohibit movement within HHS. The provisions of any local Priority Placement Program (PPP) and Reemployment Priority List (RPL) remain in effect and RPL/PPP registrants have priority for selection over ICTAP eligible. For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Commissioned Corps officers work for Federal agencies, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Indian Health Service and Bureau of Prisons, on the forefront of public health treating individuals that need it most. Officers are dedicated to public health promotion, disease prevention, and the advancement of public health science.
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 07.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Qualification Requirements for Statistical Assistant, GS-1531-07/08/09.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Perform descriptive analysis of data and summarize results to provide updated surveillance information
3. Assist in conducting research studies and analyzing results to provide support to Principal Investigators.
4. Assist with writing technical reports on assigned studies to provide text and graphical data summaries.
5. Collect and analyze statistical information from databases to provide support to researchers.
6. Compile and prepare data files for analysis.
7. Prepare documentation of procedures, findings, and problems encountered with recommendations in order to maintain a library of statistical programs.
8. Write and run SPSS or SAS programs to recode or create new variables.
9. Apply statistical techniques and methods to quantified information.
10. Select statistical techniques and methods to analyze data.
11. Program in SAS, SPSS, Stata or other statistical analysis software in order to generate descriptive statistics.
12. Write complex queries to retrieve data from multiple relational databases.
13. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.