Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Records Management Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. Applicants requesting consideration as a merit promotion, Schedule A, or non-competitive eligible candidate must include the appropriate required supporting documents with their application package.
The Specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. - SF-50, performance appraisal and/or veterans documentation).
002 - Non competitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for non competitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for position at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted position covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced this 851090. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a non competitive or special hiring authority.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in Records Management Specialist position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Records Management Specialist work at the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 in the Federal service performing the following administrative duties: 1) as a team member responsible for, sorting, recording, indexing, filing, and distributing materials to appropriate organizations; 2) gather information to develop tools to improve the coordination and maintenance of paper, film and electronic media records; 3) resolve problems affecting the efficiency, effectiveness, or productivity of an administrative program; and 4) prepare narrative report to document findings, options for change and recommendations for action.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If you are using the Qualifications and Availability Form C to complete this assessment, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Reorganize court docketed cases to ensure documents are readily available for reference.
3. Retrieve copies of decisions and orders issued by the court for distribution to the appropriate agencies.
4. Convert records from paper to film or electronic data to improve document searches.
5. Retain case management documents in accordance with established retention and disposition regulations.
6. Control unauthorized access to briefs and petitions involved in Government cases.
7. Gather data from a variety of sources to support the development of management studies.
8. Resolve discrepancies identified in an audit and inspection for an agency program.
9. Develop recommendations for improvement of records management processes and procedures.
10. Evaluate the effectiveness of program productivity.
11. Conduct studies of work methods and procedures to determine efficiency levels.
12. Provide recommendation to senior management for enhancing productivity with improved procedures and workflow.
13. Present to supervisor the findings and recommendations on issues impacting the program.
14. Summarize numerous pieces of information into a short, comprehensive statement of fact.
15. Communicate orally with personnel at all levels in a clear and succinct manner.
16. Deliver oral presentations to a variety of audiences within and outside the organization.
17. Write documents (i.e. correspondence, reports, budget proposals, etc.) related to work assignments.
18. Record information necessary to complete audit reports from staff assistant visit.
19. Prepare narrative written reports meeting the defined objectives.
20. Coordinate the contributions of other writers to documents.