In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special selection priority under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
This announcement is open to applicants who meet the area of consideration as described in the vacancy announcement, under the heading "Who May Apply." Your response to the following question will determine whether or not you meet the defined eligibility criteria.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status:A. I am a current Federal employee serving on a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service or a reinstatement eligible. I work within the local commuting area of the announced duty location and am assigned there on a permanent basis.
If you answered “A” you must provide your agency, dates of service (MM/DD/YY) to MM/DD/YY) and the location (city and state) where you work.
If you answered “B” you must provide your agency, dates of service (MM/DD/YY) to MM/DD/YY) and the location (city and state) where you live.
If you answered “C”, you must provide your agency, dates of service (MM/DD/YY) to MM/DD/YY) and the location (city and state) where you work.
If you answered “D”, you must provide your agency, dates of service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) and the location (city and state) where you live.
2. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-11 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-11 grade level.
If you selected response "A", provide the position title, series, and grade that support your claim for time-in-grade. Also give the beginning and ending dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) during which you occupied the position listed. If you selected any other response, enter "N/A" in the narrative field below.
The following questions will be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
3. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience performing duties such as; in armory operation, law enforcement administration, and use of force policies, procedures and programs to apply experimental theories and new developments to problems not susceptible to treatments by accepted methods; specialized weapons and munitions, Service Level Agreements, law enforcement equipment and accountability systems; analytical skills sufficient to apply a wide range or qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness; skill in written and oral communication to present sensitive recommendations to higher authority, to obtain compliance with policies from field offices, to articulate positions/policy of technical complexity and to represent the agency on task forces or working groups; programs and legislative history to develop and advice on policies to implement program goals.
Provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) which demonstrates the experience related to your response.
4. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
5. Do you have a current valid State driver s license?A. Yes
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements. Please select the response that best describes your skill level. Evaluation criteria was developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies needed to successfully perform the work of this position. Your resume must clearly show the experience relevant to your responses in the Occupational Questionnaire, in order to receive credit for your response.
6. Assists in the planning and execution of agency law enforcement programs specializing in the area of tactical medicine, armory operations, law enforcement administration and use of force policies and programs.
7. Informs stakeholders of changes in agency programs and operations; conducts briefings on major program changes.
8. Establishes and fosters effective working relationships and information networks with business and industry associations and stakeholders in local, state, and federal government.
9. Attends meetings on major program issues involving other internal and external organizations.
10. Provides advice and guidance in areas that require interpretation for program processes and methods; coordinates administrative, technical, logistical and clerical work of employees engaged in law enforcement administration.
11. Makes recommendations relative to the training and support of law enforcement administration.
12. Attends meetings with other organizational components and executes the business practices used to acquire and distribute firearms, body armor and ammunition.
13. Advises management of significant new changes and development in the broad areas of tactical medicine, armory operations, law enforcement administration or use of force policies and procedures, and makes recommendations to modify existing policies and procedures as they relate to and impact ICE.
14. Consults with all levels of management and other law enforcement agencies.
15. Works with Programs to ensure that concerns such as proper requirements definitions and adequate funding are met.
16. Plans and directs the development, coordination, and evaluation of the ICE program.
17. Applies a range of qualitative and quantitative methods to asses and improve program effectiveness and/or management processes, projects and systems.
18. Reviews specific goals and objectives; monitors the sequence and timing of key program events and milestones.
19. Provides input and recommendations regarding projected operations, significant trends, reoccurring problems and similar management level concerns to impacted organization(s).
Applicants who have held a permanent position with career ladder promotion potential equivalent to GS-12 or higher in the competitive service may be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your answer and narrative response to the following question will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively based on your responses and that information is later found to be incorrect, you may lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of position(s) you have held, respond "No."
20. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-12 or higher?A. Yes
If you selected response "A", provide your position title, pay plan, series, grade level or pay band, plus the full performance level of the grade or pay band listed, and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you occupied the position which supports your claim.
Example: Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-9 with promotion potential to GS-13 held from 10/12/04 to 6/05/05.
21. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
If you are not a current Federal employee, please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.