BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Select the statement below that best represents your highest level of experience or education for the position of GS-1101-9 Grants Management Specialist position.A. One full year of specialized experience. Specialized experience is described as experience preparing and administering grants and cooperative agreements; assisting with interpreting grants related documents, such as policies and procedures; assisting in reviewing grants applications in a limited range of areas; assisting in coordination of grants administration; monitoring on-going grants to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of award.
2. Select the statement below that best represents your highest level of experience or education for the position of GS-1101-11 Grants Management Specialist position.A. One full year of specialized experience. Specialized experience is described as experience with providing advice and guidance on a wide variety of grant/agreement determinations; independently processes standard/simple grants agreements; preparing and administering grants and cooperative agreements; interpreting grants related documents, such as policies and procedures and supports the development, delivery and maintenance of a variety of policy and other support activities related to the award, administration and monitoring of federal grant and cooperative agreements;
Knowledge of grant administration rules, policies and regulations.
INSTRUCTION: for each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Assisting in management of grants including announcement, application receipt, application review, grant award, grant administration and closeout.
4. Processing of change orders, pricing changes, and grants modifications.
5. Monitoring of award to assure compliance with terms conditions and grant reporting requirements.
6. Assist in performing administrative analysis of assistance applications to check for compliance with policies and procedures.
7. Applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of readily observable issues or problems pertaining to standard grant proposals and awards.
8. Applying fact-finding and investigative techniques to gather clear-cut factual information to determine compliance with the term and conditions of grant awards and makes recommendations to resolve grantee problems.
9. Researching and analyzing criteria, laws, rules and regulations associated with agency grants programs to determine what is legal and applicable in formulating agreements, and recommending actions for problems encountered.
10. Identifying actions to be taken in accomplishing the assigned work, and in breaking the actions into work components, requiring the setting of deadlines, milestones, etc., and meeting those deadlines.
11. Performs all pre-award and award grants administration functions.
12. Provides procedural and technical business support to award recipients.
13. Participates in site visits with program staff to ensure grantees are meeting fiscal and compliance requirements.
14. Provides information and advice to managers and grant applicants on non-controversial grant administration issues and proposals.
15. Presents information and recommends compliance criteria to others.
16. Participating in meetings with program and/or commercial representatives to discuss needs, quality of services, and schedules.
17. Preparing award letters, research reports, and financial reviews for use by managers.
18. Preparing routine correspondence to respond to inquiries related to specific topics.
19. Preparing common computerized reports.
20. Writing documents that present facts, discussions, analyses and conclusions.