Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement numbers below. Your response will determine if you meet the qualification requirement for Investigations Analyst, GS-1801-12 position.
1. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and is equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.
2. Announcement is open to status candidates only. Please select the method in which you wish to be considered:A. I am a current federal employee serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
Please respond yes or no to the statement below.
3. I can read, write and speak Spanish fluently.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the
oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and
Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Knowledge of procedural and policy matters related to the organization's investigative program.
5. Review and analyze documents and investigative information received from various
sources with minimal supervision.
6. Conduct in-depth research, analysis and evaluation of investigative information in support of criminal investigations.
7. Experience researching and assisting in identifying assets for forfeiture.
8. Develop and implement mechanisms for collecting and/or distributing required and pertinent information relating to assignments.
9. Develop, evaluate and organize projects using computer databases, spreadsheets and commercial and specialized software.
10. Analyze data from various sources and identify coherent patterns within incoherent data sets and present findings.
11. Utilize qualitative skills to create permanent systems and procedures so that information is reusable within the investigative group.
12. Analyze information to identify potential issues, develop solutions and present findings.
13. Provide technical advice, guidance and interpretation to agents, program area field offices, and other federal agencies, and the general public on rules, regulations, policies, procedures, methods and techniques.
14. Provide technical support on research projects including investigative tools available to further support OCI investigations.
15. Prepare professional reports, charts, documents and other material which support findings and conclusions.
16. Prepare report of findings and make recommendations based on research of documents and investigative information.
17. Gather, arrange, analyze information and documents and respond to inquiries, including Freedom of Information Act requests and Congressional inquiries.