In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special selection priority under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
The following question will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
1. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level reviewing, analyzing and resolving difficult and complex security issues or concerns; requesting, receiving and evaluating numerous records and information sources; providing briefings, training, advice and guidance related to security reporting requirements; preparing communications which set forth security policies and related requirements; assigning work/task to others based on priorities and requirements; analyzing and evaluating security programs; developing security plans; and assisting with the administration of security guard programs; and developing comprehensive narrative reports on security surveys.
You must provide the position titles(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each task statement below, please select the response that best describes your skill level. The statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to successfully perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including resume, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skill levels you claim in this questionnaire. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
2. Have you monitored the number of security clearances for an organization?A. Yes
3. Do you have experience monitoring companies contracted to conduct background investigations?A. Yes
4. Have you conducted program evaluations within an organization to determine the effectiveness of the Personnel Security Program?A. Yes
5. Have you reviewed reports of personnel background investigations to identify the presence or absence of derogatory information?A. Yes
6. Have you determined eligibility for access to classified or sensitive information?A. Yes
7. Have you evaluated the veracity of information pertaining to case specifics?A. Yes
8. Have you verified, for background investigations, that information represented in reports matches the information about the investigation conducted (quality control)?A. Yes
9. Have you ensured that all investigative criteria are met prior to taking action to obtain/grant a security clearance?A. Yes
10. Do you have working knowledge of the structure and operations of the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement?A. Yes
11. Indicate the extent to which you have applied your knowledge of Federal laws, regulations, security requirements, and policies and procedures to personnel security issues/materials.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
12. Have you used the various sources of information and investigative techniques necessary to acquire information?A. Yes
13. Indicate the extent to which you have analyzed data and information.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
14. Indicate the extent to which you have assisted in the development of guidelines and procedures relative to Personnel Security for your organization.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
15. Have you defined the area and scope of investigations needed to clarify, resolve, or complete investigative coverage?A. Yes
16. Have you reviewed reports of investigation and other documents to determine suitability for employment?A. Yes
17. Have you reviewed reports of investigation and other documents to determine eligibility for access to classified information and documented your decisions on the basis of applicable guidelines?A. Yes
18. Do you have working knowledge of the legal framework in which a personnel security and suitability program operates?A. Yes
19. Do you have experience bringing personnel security and suitability cases to conclusion?A. Yes
20. Can you provide evidence to verify that you have resolved unprecedented, broad, difficult, or complex problems in background investigations?A. Yes
21. Have you completed assignments requiring you to determine the adequacy and completeness of investigations?A. Yes
22. Have you identified problem areas and researched various solutions to correct noted deficiencies?A. Yes
23. Have you written detailed, objective summaries to support the analysis and determination of findings for a case?A. Yes
24. Have you prepared written directives and standard operating procedures for use by Personnel Security Division employees, field managers, and employees?A. Yes
25. Have you identified areas of an investigation, which are pertinent to a suitability decision or to granting a security clearance?A. Yes
26. To what extent have you prepared written directives and standard operating procedures?A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
27. Have you initiated, directed, or coordinated investigations of applicants, employees, and contractors?A. Yes
28. Have you implemented departmental and agency policy to manage assigned program responsibilities?A. Yes
29. Have you assisted or trained lower level specialists, contract employees, detailees, etc., in order to provide technical assistance on programs and specific cases?A. Yes
30. Indicate the extent to which you have provided advice, guidance, or training to management officials and employees on all aspects of a Personnel Security Program.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
31. Indicate the extent to which you have interacted with Headquarters, other offices and agencies in order to represent your organization with respect to assigned programs and cases.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
32. Do you have experience verifying that costs charged by a contractor and the provisions of the contract are correct and in compliance?A. Yes
33. Indicate the extent to which you have communicated both technical and non-technical information to others within and outside your organization.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.