PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
1. Please carefully read all of the responses below and select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your background related to this Natural Hazards Program Specialist, GS-301-9, position.A. I have at least one year of experience in assisting senior staff in working toward the objectives and implementation of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) at the local, regional, or Federal levels.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in the areas required for this position. For each item, choose the statement that best reflects your level of experience. If a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
KSA # 1 - Basic knowledge of floodplain management and flood mitigation strategies and knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program.
2. Training or Experience as a floodplain manager working for local, state or Federal government.
3. Knowledge of the National Floodplain Insurance Program.
KSA # 2 - Ability to give effective and persuasive presentations to audiences of government or private industry professionals and the general public.
4. Experience meeting and working effectively with groups associated with floodplain management and land use concepts.
5. Experience in meeting and working with individuals associated with floodplain management and land use concepts.
6. Conduct meetings and/or seminars on any topic.
KSA # 3 - Ability to communicate effectively in writing to present requirements, propose improvements, and advocate concepts and ideas in letters, proposals, and articles for publication.
7. Experience in working in a team environment with a specific and technical focus.
8. Active involvement in the floodplain permitting process, OR writing or administration of land-use ordinances or building codes.
KSA # 4 - Knowledge of the relationship among Federal, State, and local governments and agencies.
9. Experience in land use planning, zoning, building codes, or other regulatory programs at any level of the government.
10. Knowledge of zoning codes as they relate to floodplain management.
KSA # 5 - Basic education and training in the use of GIS tools and software.
11. Experience in land use management tools and practices as related to floodplain management.
12. Experience in geospatial data management functions (i.e. data acquisition, compilation, modification, analysis, maintenance, distribution, archiving and metadata attribution.