Thank you for your interest in the Lead Extramural Communication Specialist (GS-1001-14) position at our Agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a Lead Extramural Communication Specialist, GS-1001-14, as described in the Qualification Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-14 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: leading the development and dissemination of knowledge products (i.e., web pages and newsletters) pertaining to extramural programs and policies; leading the evaluation of a communications program and media strategies; and writing and editing materials for scientific audiences to ensure proper content, style, message, tone, completeness, quality, accuracy, consistency, etc. .
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. National Institutes of Health (NIH) Employee – I am a current and permanent Title 5 National Institutes of Health employee.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional Standard Form-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from the eOPF Page.A. Yes
2. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position within the Department of Health and Human Services in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are considered well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on CTAP, please visit OPM's The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page .A. Yes
For the following questions, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience.
1. Have you served as a team or group leader?A. Yes
2. Have you lead a project or team responsible for the design and redesign of Web sites?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Coach other staff in selecting and applying appropriate problem solving methods and techniques.
4. Advise staff on work methods, practices, and procedures.
5. Identify, distribute, and balance workload among staff members.
6. Provide or arrange technical or team training for other staff members.
7. Monitor and report on the status and progress of work.
8. Prepare reports and maintain records of team work accomplishments.
9. Compile and communicate group consensus and recommendations to management officials.
10. Develop web based information resources that explain extramural policies, procedures, and regulations.
11. Use web based approaches and tools to disseminate information and resources.
12. Apply social media tools to engage researchers.
13. Plan and develop content resources such as e-newsletters or Web sites.
14. Ensure that electronic knowledge resources are consistent with extramural research policies, procedures, and guidelines.
15. Advise senior management officials on policy issues pertaining to electronic extramural knowledge resources.
16. Develop and implement policies and procedures for disseminating information on complex issues and procedures.
17. Recommend and develop strategies and proposals for new methods for disseminating knowledge and information to multiple sources.
18. Develop knowledge-based resources pertaining to extramural biomedical research programs and activities.
19. Provide technical guidance and advice to senior management officials and program staff on knowledge-based resources and products.
20. Present new standards and guidelines to customers.
21. Analyze existing policies and strategies to identify potential changes and improvements.
22. Develop methods to improve the effectiveness and quality of knowledge-based resources and products.
23. Collaborate with other technical experts to ensure the quality and accuracy of information.
24. Provide technical and program guidance and direction to others involved in the delivery of technical information.
25. Provide advice and consultation at meetings and on work groups, committees, and task forces.
26. Present briefings and proposals to senior level officials.
27. Develop communications for internal and external audiences.
28. Provide support and guidance to management officials to ensure accomplishment of program goals and objectives.
29. Collaborate with SMEs to identify and resolve problems and conflicting information.
30. Develop written materials for dissemination to various audiences.
31. Develop and disseminate written knowledge resources and products.
32. Review draft written materials, such as newsletters and website content, for quality, effectiveness, and accuracy of data and information.
33. Ensure written materials are consistent with policies, procedures, and requirements.
34. Develop written materials to present information and recommendations to senior management officials.
35. Review, edit, and obtain approval of written materials.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
36. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.