Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following two grade questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-6 Human Resources Assistant.
2. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-7 Human Resources Assistant.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Researching recruitment and staffing guidelines for determining appropriate recruitment actions.
4. Processing personnel action requests such as promotions and reassignments.
5. Verifying time and attendance information submitted by an employee (i.e., hours worked, leave taken or overtime worked).
6. Using the internet to obtain information from a variety of sources (e.g., Google).
7. Ensuring time and attendance records are certified accurately and timely.
8. Responding to questions regarding staffing and recruitment.
9. Responding to questions regarding time and attendance.
10. Ensuring recruitment notification letters are submitted to applicants in a timely manner.
11. Preparing time and attendance records for submission to the finance center.
12. Using word processing software to produce written documents.
13. Maintaining a tracking system for monitoring suspense dates (e.g., probationary periods).
14. Using word processing software to create tables with mathematical functions.
15. Using word processing software to create tables with lists and charts.
16. Using spreadsheet software to produce written documents.
17. Using an automated system to prepare time and attendance reports.
18. Maintaining security of confidentiality of records, equipment, or computer access.
19. Initiating and reviewing pre-employment background security requests.
20. Preparing required documentation for security packets (e.g., verification of employment).
21. Maintaining official personnel folders to ensure documents are filed correctly.
22. Determining the appropriate personnel guidelines to use in maintaining personnel records.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
23. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department