1. To be considered for employment under the Pathways Program for this position, applicants must be enrolled as a degree seeking student in a Baccalaureate Degree or higher degree program. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these eligibility requirements, you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience or education requirements for a Student Trainee (Engineering Technician Architectural), GS-0899-05 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.
THE RESUME OR APPLICATION MATERIALS YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
KSA-1. Knowledge and understanding of standard landscape architectural and architectural drawings.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you obtained the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by the education, training, and/or specific work experience that you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
To ensure consideration you MUST provide work samples that support your responses where appropriate; however, these must be included electronically in your application material. We cannot accept hard copy, mailed or faxed documents.
3. Create architectural plan drawings.
4. Create architectural elevation drawings.
5. Create architectural section drawings.
6. Create architectural axonometric and perspective drawings.
KSA-2. Knowledge of computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related modeling or geographic software.
7. Prepare drawings using 2-dimensional AutoCAD drafting.
8. Use layers and line weights in the preparation of AutoCAD drawings.
9. Use blocks and x-refs in the preparation of AutoCAD drawings.
10. Use paper space and plotting in the preparation of AutoCAD drawings.
11. Create 3-dimensional models using AutoCAD.
12. Use 3-dimensional laser scanning (high definition surveying).
13. Create drawings inother CAD software.
14. Gather, analyze and interpret data using geographic information systems (GIS) software.
KSA-3. Graphic skills and ability.
15. Write legibly using architectural block lettering.
16. Prepare free hand architectural sketches.
17. Use hard line drafting (hand or CAD) to create standard architectural and/or landscape architectural drawings (plans, sections, elevations, and details).