This section is related to the graduate program accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). If you are unsure as to whether or not you attended a graduate program that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of programs that have been accredited by the APA. Please select the response that best describes your education. You may only select one response for each item.
1. Which of the following best describes your doctoral education?A. I possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The program was accredited at the time I completed the requirements for my degree. The specialty area of the degree is consistent with the assignment for which I am applying.
This section is related to the internship accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). If you are unsure as to whether or not you attended an APA accredited internship program, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of internships that have been accredited by the APA. Please select the response that best describes your internship status. You may only select one response for each item.
2. Which of the following best describes your internship status?A. I have completed a professional psychology internship that was accredited by the APA at the time I completed the internship.
This section irelates to the experience requirement for this vacancy. Please select the response that best describes your level of experience. You may only select one response. If you feel that your experience exceeds all of the descriptions, choose the description that is the closest to the level of experience that you possess. If you are unsure as to whether or not you participated in an internship that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of internships that have been accredited by the APA.
3. Select the response that best describes your level of experience.A. I am currently an intern, and within the next nine months I will possess the equivalent of at least one year of experience gained through a professional psychology internship accredited by the APA.
Psychologists are required to hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. This requirement may be waived for a period not to exceed 2 years from the date of employment, on the condition that such a psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a psychologist who is so licensed. Non-licensed psychologists who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate psychologist. Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the appointment. The following item is for informational purposes only - you will not be screened in or out of the selection process on the basis of your response to this item.
4. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?A. Yes
The following items are related to agency employment eligibility requirements. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to each of the following questions.
5. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. Yes
6. Can you proficiently speak, read, write, and understand the English language?A. Yes
7. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
8. Applicants must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be medically suitable to perform the essential duties of a Psychologist efficiently and without hazard to themselves and others. Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination?A. Yes
9. Prior to appointment or following appointment to a position you may be selected for random testing for illegal drug use. Are you willing to undergo urinalysis drug tests?A. Yes
Responses to the items in the following sections will be used to clarify your training, experience and demonstrated capability in performing duties related to the Psychologist position. For each of the items below, select the ONE statement that BEST describes your training and experience using the scale provided. In determining which option best reflects your own experience and demonstrated capability, consider your past experiences such as paid work, educational pursuits, volunteer service, professional organization membership, task forces, or committees. When answering each question, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
10. Propose an action plan with recommendations to address clinical or organizational problems.
11. Evaluate input and feedback from team members or colleagues to facilitate collaborative decision making.
12. Assess customer satisfaction to identify methods to improve services.
13. Explain psychological assessment results, interventions, or outcomes to customers to ensure understanding.
14. Knowledge of, and expertise in, evidence-based techniques with regard to treatment of substance use disorders and PTSD.
15. Identify and evaluate the potential impact and consequences of alternatives in making clinical, administrative, or organizational decisions.
16. Identify and administer psychological diagnostic tests and other procedures to assess the behavioral, emotional, functional, or psychological condition of patients.
17. Provide health behavior assessment for patients with multiple co-morbidities and/or chronic disease, special needs, and/or complex clinical problems, and to perform specialized health psychology assessments (e.g., pre-bariatric surgery psychological assessment).
18. Train, guide, mentor and support healthcare team members in maintaining and enhancing health behavior programs for the promotion of health and prevention of disease, and in enhancing patient self-management of chronic disease to prevent secondary complications and improve long-term outcomes.
19. Your rating is subject to verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from Federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
You must submit all required documents in the "How to Apply" section of this job announcement. Incomplete applications will not receive consideration. Also, your resume/application must include job titles, duties and dates of employment for each position. Please indicate if it is full-time or part-time status with hours worked per week. Also, don't forget to incorporate detailed information of all relevant job experience into your application materials.