In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special selection priority under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) employee in the competitive service who is serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
2. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-7 grade level?A. Yes. I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-7 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
3. Which of the following statements best describes your experience and/or education?A. I have successfully completed two years (or more) of full-time graduate education or a master's (or higher) degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
4. Have you successfully completed Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training in accordance with 8 CFR 287.1(g) and other applicable agency policy. This includes successful completion of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) Detention & Removal Operations (DRO) Basic Immigration Law Enforcement Training Program (ICE_D); the legacy Immigration Officer Basic Training Course (IOBTC); the Border Patrol Academy; the combination of both the legacy Basic Immigration Detention Enforcement Officer Training Course and the ICE DRO Equivalency Training Program (ETP); the ICE Special Agent Training Program; the combination of FLETC Criminal Investigator Training Program and the DRO Equivalency Training Program for Special Agents (ETPSA) and for legacy US Customs Special Agents, the ICE / Customs Special Agent Cross Training Program. Due to regulatory requirements, no other training will be accepted. Please note, if selected, you may be required to submit proof of completion (i.e. training certificate).A. Yes
If you chose response "A", provide the course and date of completion.
5. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
6. The date immediately preceding an applicant`s 40th birthday is the final date they are considered eligible for selection referral. Will you have reached age 40 by the closing date of this vacancy announcement?A. Yes
7. The age restriction does not apply if you have served in a Federal civilian (not military) law enforcement position covered by Title 5 U.S.C and will have a total of 20 years of coverage prior to your 60th birthday. Are you presently or have you previously been employed in such a Federal civilian law enforcement position?A. Yes
If you chose response A in the previous question, provide the dates of your Federal civilian law enforcement experience (from MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
8. The age restriction does NOT apply if you are a preference eligible veteran as defined in Title 5, U.S.C., Section 2108, item (3). Are you a preference eligible veteran?A. Yes
If you chose response A in the previous question, you must include in your application package a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility for veteran’s preference.
9. Do you have a current valid State driver s license?A. Yes
10. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
If you are not a current Federal employee, please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.
For each task statement below, please select the response that best describes your skill level. The statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to successfully perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skill levels you claim in this questionnaire. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
11. Ensure deportee is correct individual and deportable.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
12. Coordinate with domestic and foreign officials, airport and airline representatives for required travel authorizations and documents.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
13. Counsel detainees regarding detention issues and immigration processes.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
14. Supervise and transport detainees (including medical, court, and prison pick-ups).A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
15. Safeguard detainees' personal possessions.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
16. Interview people to establish alienage and removabilty.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
17. Take and issue sworn statements including the Miranda/Consulate Advisement Rights provisions.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
18. Process and serve post arrest documents.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
19. Gather and review evidence collected through database inquiries, records and certifications from other federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, forensic examination, and testimony from defendants and witnesses.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
20. Prepare documents to initiate removal proceedings and arrests.A. I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
Applicants who have permanently held a position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-9 or higher in the competitive service can be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your response to the following question will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively and your claim cannot be verified, you will lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of positions held, respond with a “No.”
21. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-9 or higher?A. Yes
If you chose response A in the previous question, provide the position’s title, series, pay plan, grade level or pay band plus the grade level or pay band of its promotion potential, and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.