Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
Please review the description below and select the most appropriate category (you must choose one):
Choose 001 (Biologist), 003 (Microbiologist), 005 (Entomologist), and/or 007 (Chemist) for Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002 (Biologist), 004 (Microbiologist), 006 (Entomologist), and/or 008 (Chemist) for Non-Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement one. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-13 Interdisciplinary Scientist position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.A. Yes
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for Biologist, GS-0401.A. I have a bachelor's degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
3. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for Microbiologist, GS-0403.
4. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for Entomologist, GS-0414.
5. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for Chemist, GS-1320.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Apply, adapt, and modify a wide range of scientific and laboratory methods, techniques, and procedures.
7. Conduct the most complex and novel microbiological analytical determinations.
8. Establish quality standards to ensure consistency of the products or services provided by a work unit.
9. Manage a document control system to ensure that the most current authorized documents were being used.
10. Monitor quality system documents in order to ensure accuracy and consistency of content.
11. Analyze and evaluate the impact of legislation, regulations, policies and/or procedures on the ability of a work unit to effectively execute science-based program activities.
12. Provide technical expertise in resolving issues that affect program administration.
13. Recommend modifications or improvements of policies and procedures to ensure that quality goals are met.
14. Influence, motivate or control individuals or groups to achieve a common understanding of policy issues and concerns to obtain compliance with established policies and regulations.
15. Research and implement ways to eliminate or reduce barriers to work assignments.
16. Provide extensive advisory, liaison and consultative services for quality assurance programs.
17. Monitor corrective action plans by tracking and providing appropriate feedback.
18. Coordinate and monitor the overall quality of work products and laboratory management systems.
19. Make recommendations for the modification or improvement of policies and procedures to ensure that quality goals are met.
20. Actively participate in conferences, meetings, hearings or presentations involving policy or procedural issues of consequence to an organization.
21. Influence, motivate or control individuals or groups to achieve a common understanding of policy issues and concerns to obtain compliance with established policies and regulations.
22. Explain provisions of applicable laws, regulations, and policies to individuals of varying ability of comprehension.
23. Present technical reports, seminars, or instructions to an audience.
24. Develop and write policies, regulations, and instructions for organizational programs.
25. Write procedures for use by internal or external groups providing scientific or technical support services.
26. Provide program expertise, guidance and information in written formals to technical personnel in other organizational components.
27. Independently write comprehensive technical evaluations, reviews, reports, or instructional materials.
28. Write procedural clarifications on regulations and policy issues affecting the work performed by specialists.