Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Please review the description below and select the method you wish to be considered for this position:
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to the Management Analyst, GS-343-12 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal Service that included knowledge of a wide range of analytical methods and techniques for planning, analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of work processes
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to the Management Analyst, GS-343-13 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal Service that included knowledge of a wide range of analytical methods and techniques for planning, analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of work processes
3. Are you a current permanent federal employee with career/career-conditional appointment in the competitive service; former federal employee with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career/career-conditional appointment; displaced federal employee requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transitional Assistance Plan (CTAP); Veterans who are preference eligible or discharged from military service under honorable conditions with 3 consecutive years of active duty; current PHS Commissioned Officer; or an individual eligible for consideration under a Special Hiring authority?.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Conduct studies/projects to identify and recommend solutions to problems involving work process and procedures
5. Research data containing confidential employee information or confidential organizational information.
6. Perform analysis of work environment impacting staffing issues.
7. Gather preliminary data needed to provide initial assessment and definition of problems being considered for further study.
8. Organize and deliver briefings to present findings, solutions, and recommendations to managers, and prepare various documents and staff reports.
9. Present findings on submissions from a single, first-line organization in response to internal administrative reporting requirements.
10. Participate in writing functional statement for new organizations.
11. Interpret request for programmatic action or information, and provide guidance, advice, assistance, interpretations, and recommendations to Office and Agency officials, program directors, private industry representatives and others concerning Office programs and activities.
12. Conduct studies of issues and problems raised by executives and managers within the Office.
13. Study solutions of staffing problems associated with substantial changes in the organizations.
14. Review, analyze and recommend improvements in organizational policies, reports, methods, and practices or require coordinating the implementation of policies or practices.
15. Prepare briefings or informational sessions on program studies, results, findings and/or recommendations.
16. Explain the application of laws, regulations, and precedents, covering new or revised legislation, policies or actions.
17. Present formal and/or informal briefings regarding medical programs, program policies or technical issues to senior executives, managers, customers or internal/external organizations.
18. Speak on behalf of a director or high ranking official on sensitive or complex issues.
19. Represent a program or organization in high level conferences and/or meetings or act as a liaison to other internal/external components
20. Prepare and/or review written material that conveys a mastery of complex issues in a way that is clear, concise, and factual.
21. Analyze, develop and/or coordinate new policies that impact programs or interpret program response.
22. Prepare and/or review written materials that reflect factual and data-driven information to be used by a variety of audiences/groups including executives and/or senior officials.
23. Compose response to organizational or inquiries involving sensitive or controversial information.