1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your background related to the GS-201-09.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 in the Federal service that included providing routine advice to managers on staffing regulations, strategies, and procedures; utilizing an automated staffing system to process actions; performing recruitment work to include creating job announcements and reviewing applications; and resolving common HR issues related to recruitment and placement of employees.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Ensure employee reassignments meet organization structure, staffing, and/or merit promotion rules.
3. Determine important job characteristics such as duty station, position sensitivity level, and competitive level for requested positions.
4. Create referral lists of candidates for managers.
5. Perform employee onboarding activities (i.e. making tentative offer, coordinating start day, processing documents, setting pay, etc.)
6. Process personnel actions using automated systems.
7. Utilize an automated system to develop job announcements.
8. Input legal codes on personnel actions related to promotion, and/or transfers.
9. Create reports on hiring activities.
10. Assist applicants, employees, and hiring managers with resolving issues related to the use of a Web-based automated application program. .
11. Provide technical advice on compensation programs such as pay, leave, alternative work schedules, and recruitment incentives.
12. Provide general information regarding retirement options and/or benefits.
13. Provide routine guidance to managers on the classification of positions.
14. Interview employees and managers to find additional information of the proposed duties and responsibilities of the position.
15. Provide staffing guidance to managers to identifying eligible candidates for selection.
16. Advise management on an agency's merit promotion program.
17. Provide guidance on special hiring programs include veterans, student, persons with disabilities, etc.