If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service?
For information on who is required to register for the Selective Service, please visit The Who Must Register Page.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.
Thank you for your interest in the Contract Specialist (GS-1102-9/11/12) position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic education requirement for the GS-1102 Contracting series.A. I qualify for this position because I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet Additional qualifications requirements of the Contract Specialist, GS-1102-9 described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-09 level because I have completed a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education or an LL.B. or J.D. To qualify on the basis of graduate education, graduate education in one or a combination of the following fields is required: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
3. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet Additional qualifications requirements of the Contract Specialist, GS-1102-11 described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-11 level because I have completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education. To qualify on the basis of graduate education, graduate education in one or a combination of the following fields is required: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
4. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet Additional qualifications requirements of the Contract Specialist, GS-1102-12 described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-12 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: serving as Contract Specialist responsible for all aspects of the contracting transactions from initiation to recommendation of award for the: (1) central procurement of commodities or services for several activities in a geographic area, or for an agency, a department or departments; or (2) procurement of a variety of supplies, services, or construction in support of an installation or activity; reviewing requisitions and determining appropriate methods of procurement; developing procurement plans by reviewing previous history, market conditions, and specifications or technical data packages; compiling bidders' list from qualified bidders' applications, knowledge of suppliers, contacts with trade associations, Small Business Administration, or other sources; preparing and issuing solicitation documents; performing detailed analysis of bids or proposals received; administering a variety of contracts with various and complex terms; conducting conferences with contractors to clarify issues on contractual requirements; monitoring contractor performance; providing guidance to contractor concerning obligations to perform within contractual terms; reviewing, analyzing, and recommending action on problem situations; and/or negotiating changes to contracts.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment.
NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition PageA. Yes