Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
Reasonable Accommodations for taking the online assessments are provided on a case-by-case basis only to qualified individuals with a disability covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended.
Do you have a disability (physical or mental) that you believe will interfere with completing the online assessments and require a Reasonable Accommodation?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the grade level(s) posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the GS-14 grade level; I am a current FDA/ORA/ORM employee serving Schedule-A appointment; OR I am a current FDA/ORA/ORM Commissioned Corps Officer.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement number below. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-343-14 Management Program Analyst, GS-343-14 position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service as of the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.
Please answer yes or no to statement number below. Your response will determine if you meet the time in grade requirement.
2. I have 52 weeks at the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
Your response to statement number below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
Please select the appropriate response from the list below. Select only one answer.A. I am currently serving in a position at the GS-14 grade level or above in the Federal Service on a permanent basis.
Please respond yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the area of consideration for this position.
I am a current permanent employee of the Food and Drug Administration; I am a current FDA/ORA/ORM employee serving Schedule-A appointment; OR I am current a FDA/ORA/ORM Commissioned Corps Officer.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
5. Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of extremely complex program operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
6. Develop procedures and systems for assessing the effectiveness of program/management processes.
7. Perform analyses of program requirements with a view towards reallocation of manpower resources where possible.
8. Conduct quantitative and qualitative studies to design, install and improve management and planning systems and decision models, including productivity, cost estimation, and workload measurement analyses.
9. Study and implement management improvements in administrative areas identified through such means as internal control reviews and management studies.
10. Evaluate and advise on organizational structures, methods and procedures.
11. Examine current organizational assignments in terms of program changes to identify overlaps or the need for consolidated functions to achieve maximum utilization of staff and make recommendations to the supervisor.
12. Perform unusually difficult and responsible assignments that require occupational expertise and judgment to support particularly complex program activities.
13. Provide expert analysis, conduct execution and evaluation, and coordinate and carry out multiple transactions needed to ensure the effective operation of business needs including human capital, performance management, budget execution, procurement, facilities and information technology management.
14. Provide technical assistance in the performance of project type assignments relating to the assessment and improvement of management activities.
15. Recommend changes and improvements in policy, procedures, work flow, and related aspects of the organization.
16. Develop new ways to resolve problems in meeting established goals, measures, and objectives for program effectiveness.
17. Plan, develop and implement internal policies and procedures and resolve issues related to management operations. Advise on routine or common program problems and issues.
18. Coordinate and contribute to the drafting of position papers involving operating resources, develop management plans, review and analyze proposals and justifications, and monitor activities.
19. Develop presentations on current topics affecting the component. Plan agendas for meetings and ensures that appropriate working papers and reports are complete and ready for presentation at meetings.
20. Develop, analyze, and evaluate new or modified program/management policies, regulations, goals or objectives.