Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: TAG:VacancyID
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (TAG:Beginning Grade-TAG:Ending Grade) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS 12 level AND be bilingual in Ukrainian AND English with the ability to report, write, and research and accurately translate in both languages? Specialized Experience: is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples are: experience Leading writers or editors in writing news stories/news analyses, and/or feature stories in English AND Ukrainian for a recognized news publication such as a daily newspaper or a weekly news magazine; or for a wire service such as AP, UPI, or Reuters; or a TV station, such as ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN or Fox News, etc. Such experience must have clearly demonstrated the ability to (1) understand and write about domestic AND international affairs, (2) write for audiences of varying backgrounds and interests, (3) write under deadline pressure, and (4) exercise sound and independent editorial judgment.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Lead a team of professional broadcasters.
3. Organizing work assignments for team to ensure high-quality, complete broadcasts in advance of deadline.
4. Assign work; monitor performance and provide feedback.
5. Recommend staffing training.
6. Exercise sound editorial judgment in choosing and editing material for a fast-pace.
7. Exercise editorial control and oversight responsibility for television broadcast and web content, ensuring clear, accurate, quality presentations.
8. Understand requirements for delivering news and feature stories as a TV anchor/reporter.
9. Produce well-balanced, high-targeted, integrated written and graphic materials for website publication.
10. Understanding of world and news events, including US foreign policy and goals as they relate to central and eastern Europe.
11. Understanding of the targeted area, its history, institutions, economy, cultural environment, and social condition-political.