Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment under a Special Appointing Authority (e.g. Veteran's Recruitment Appointment, present or former Peace Corps personnel, current Postal Service personnel, etc?
1. Are you currently a status employee?A. YES
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Qualification Requirements for Administrative Officer GS-0341-12.A. I have one year of specialize experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service as demonstrated through comprehensive knowledge of various administrative areas: budget and financial management, contract administration, purchasing, procurement, human resources and general administration; ability to perform difficult and complex assignments, operations and procedures; provides staff assistance in the development and execution of internal management activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develops recommendations and implements new or modified guidelines, work processes and operations in order to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, or timeliness of work processes and information dissemination.
4. Develops documents for HR actions, e.g., position descriptions, job analysis.
5. Participates in meetings to discuss justifications for budget increases, recommendations for resource allocations/reallocations, and resources priorities.
6. Advises and provides guidance on the application of administrative directives and instructions.
7. Works with supervisors in the preparation of human resources actions. Assembles and submits packages for personnel actions, follows up on processing and tracks actions and monitors service computation and time in grade date to ensure timeliness of within grade increases and career ladder promotions.
8. Interprets travel regulations for various situations encountered.
9. Provides written guidance on the application of administrative directives and instructions.
10. Interprets HR regulations, processes, and procedures.
11. Conducts detailed analyses of complex functions and work processes.
12. Participates in the development of strategic long-range planning. Analyzes and plans to determine the impact on administrative processes nd the feasibility of making modifications to accomplish mission requirements.
13. Evaluates program operations; identifies problems, inefficiencies, and potential problems; and develops recommendations for solutions.
Bottom of Form