Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Select the appropriate answer below if you are eligible under the Inter-Agency Career Transition Assistance Program or Agency Career Transition Assistance Program If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not ICTAP/CTAP eligible - please leave this section blank. To be considered for placement under either of these these programs, you must provide proof of eligibility and you must be considered well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified means that applicants must possess experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and are proficient in most of the requirements of the job. Additional information about ICTAP/CTAP eligibility is at OPM's Career Transition Resources website: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.
Please choose the answers below that best describe your employment and experience. Note: "Target grade" is the highest grade included in this announcement. Current federal employees: to determine if you are on an Excepted Service appointment, look at block 34 of your latest SF-50.
1. If you are a permanent employee of the facility in which this vacancy is offered, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E.A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
2. If you are a permanent VA employee, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E. Note: If you are a facility employee, choose the same answer you gave to Question 1.A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
3. If you currently are a permanent employee of another federal agency (NOT VA), choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E..A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
4. If you are a FORMER federal employee with reinstatement eligibility AND you are not a current federal employee, choose one of the statements below. To be eligible for reinstatement, you must have been served in a career appointment, or served in a career-conditional appointment within the past three years. The three-year limit does not apply if you have Veterans Preference.A. I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis.
5. Are you a 30% OR MORE COMPENSABLY DISABLED VETERAN? To be eligible, you must have retired from active military service with a service-connected disability rating of 30% or more, OR have a rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs showing a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.A. Yes.
6. Are you a VETERANS RECRUITMENT ACT (VRA) APPOINTMENT? (You can only choose this answer for vacancies announced at or below the GS-11 grade level or an equivalent grade.) To be eligible, you must have been separated under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge). Also, you must be: a disabled Veteran; OR a Veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized (you must have received the campaign badge or medal); OR a Veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which you received an Armed Forces Service Medal; OR a recently separated Veteran (separated within the past three years).A. Yes.
7. Are you eligible for some other NONCOMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT? This includes appointment based on an interchange agreement, severe disability, eligibility of some military spouses, or similar authorities. Please visit http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp to see information about interchange agreements and other noncompetitive appointments. MILITARY SPOUSES: please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx for more information about appointment eligibility.A. Yes.
If you chose A, please tell us the type of appointment for which you are eligible (for example, military spouse eligible).
8. VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
INSTRUCTIONS: If you are faxing your responses to the questionnaire, you may notice in Section 25 of the 1203-FX form that the question numbers restart at this point in the questionnaire with number
one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX (Occupational Questionnaire) form, please
continue to enter your responses at the next available number within the same section of the form
Time-in-Grade Restriction - Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. (If you have not held a GS grade at any time in the past 52 weeks, this question does not apply to you.) For this vacancy, applicants must have held grade GS-6 or higher for at least a year to be eligible for the GS-7 grade level of this position. The grade must have been held in the Federal service but may have been in any occupation.
1. Please select the response that most accurately describes you:A. I have at least one year time-in-grade in a position at the GS-6 grade level or higher.
You must provide an SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) for verification of Federal employment. DO NOT submit Award Sf-50's as they do not provide the required information.
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
This following statement pertains to the basic education required for this position.
2. I have a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in psychology. One year of full-time undergraduate study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university or at
least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business or technical school.
3. Do you have in addition to the basic education required for this position, at least one (1) year of technical work in a program of professional research services, training or research that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. Note: Applicants must have had at least 1 year of experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade in the Federal service. Examples of related experience include: working with research studies, and methods of assessment; participating in the design and implementation of research; planning procedures for the recruitment, design, and methodology of research studies; using computer software to carry out statistical procedures; contacting and screening potential study participants; preparing reports of research findings. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.A. Yes
4. Do you qualify by Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) based on class standing, grade point average, or honor society membership as described in the qualifications section of this announcement? If you answer yes to this question transcripts are required.A. Yes
5. Do you have one (1) full year (usually 18 semester hours) of graduate education in psychology from an accredited institution that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position? If you answered yes to this question transcripts are required.A. Yes
6. Do you have a combination of specialized experience and graduate education in psychology that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position qualifying at the GS-7 level? Note: You must provide copies of transcripts with your resume/application package. Determine the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determine the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; then add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. (Transcript required)A. Yes
KNOWLEDGE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL RESEARCH THEORY, TESTS, MEASURES, SAFETY, ETC.
INTRUCTIONS: The following statements pertain to your knowledge of psychological research theory, tests, measures, safety.
7. Screening prospective research participants for various studies
8. Conducting diagnostic interviewing
9. Coordinating aspects of data gathering (e.g., coding of forms, entering data, data cleaning, etc.)
10. Maintaining and monitoring equipment used in participant testing
11. Electronically transfer and store magnetic resonance imaging data, and process post-scan data
12. Managing collected behavioral physiologic data including participants files
13. Using software packages to produce statistics, tables and charts to use in reports, presentations, etc
14. Maintain databases to characterize recruitment efforts, potential candidates, and subject participation
15. Coordinate and implement ongoing subject recruitment
16. Coordinating community advertising and outreach for the purpose of participant recruitment
17. Develop and submit Institutional Review Board documentation, annual reports, adverse events, etc
18. Developing a system to ensure consent forms are accurate and comply with standards
19. Identifying, evaluating, and developing effective action plans for any logistic or administrative problems
20. Making clinical judgments regarding appropriate subject placement
21. Serving as a liaison between different organizations involved with the same research programs
22. Continuing professional development in topical issues related to the ongoing studies
23. Preparing tabular or graphic presentation of data