Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-11.A. Degree: that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience that meets the specialized experience requirements qualification for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-11.A. I have one year of experience, equivalent to at least the GS-9 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.
3. Are you an FDA Status employee ?A. YES
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Review and evaluation of evidence for legal action recommendations for medical devices.
5. Review and evaluation of evidence for administrative action recommendations for medical devices.
6. Evaluating evidence to verify data reliability and human subject protection measures in support of premarket approval and clearance of medical devices.
7. Using analytical and scientific approaches in resolving straightforward issues or problems.
8. Evaluating information from establishment inspection reports for conformance with Federal regulations governing medical device clinical or non -clinical research.
9. Reviewing and evaluating inspection reports and providing guidance on follow-up to the field.
10. Interacting with a variety of peers and/or the general public, answers questions of a technical nature.
11. Answering telephone inquiries related to routine regulatory issues.
12. Presenting result of finding to staff members and management during meetings.
13. Preparing reports of findings in support of case development and activities related to administrative actions.
14. Preparing reports of findings in support of case development and activities related to legal actions.
15. Preparing a variety of memoranda, letters, transmittals, reports, and recommendations.