Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 05.
Please review the description below and select the most appropriate category (you must choose one):
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
For statements 1-3 below, please select the response that best describes your experience and/or education. Select only one answer. You must respond to each question.
1. Your response to the question below will determine if you qualify for the position of Consumer Safety Technician (OA), GS-05. If you meet more than one choice, select the response that describes the highest level of experience/education that you possess. You must fully meet the description in the response to select it.A. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-04 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.
2. Your response to the question below will determine if you qualify for the position of Consumer Safety Technician (OA), GS-06. You must fully meet the description in the response to select it.A. I have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level in the Federal Service by the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.
3. Your response to the question below will determine if you qualify for the position of Consumer Safety Technician (OA), GS-07. You must fully meet the description in the response to select it.A. I have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 level in the Federal Service by the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.
Please respond to the statement below.
4. I have the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Develop, compile, interpret, monitor and evaluate information/data from various sources taking appropriate action or making recommendations as necessary.
6. Develop methods and procedures for office automation tasks by identifying work simplification applications, and solves problems in existing methods or procedures.
7. Schedule and maintain appointment calendars.
8. Monitor and screen incoming and outgoing correspondence and action documents.
9. Proofread correspondence for content, grammar and format.
10. Receive and determine disposition of telephone call and visitors.
11. Research, compile and assemble background information in advance of important meetings, conferences, discussions, and other events.
12. Perform logistical coordination for meetings, conferences, etc. by acquiring conference rooms, video equipment, auto visuals aids, conference phones, etc.
13. Enter and retrieve information from a variety of systems preparing reports and spreadsheets as required.
14. Develop tracking system for office correspondence to ensure deadlines are met.
15. Conduct studies of existing procedures and makes recommendations or independently revises and develops alternative procedures.
16. Perform an analysis of designated segments of work and initiates action as appropriate.
17. Prepare appropriate forms and paperwork as required upon completion of the sample collection.
18. Create and/or edit letters, memorandums and reports.
19. Respond to request for information and/or data providing status, advice and materials to various internal components and external organizations.
20. Train others in the conduct of staff support work in technical areas providing advice and guidance.
21. Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, visitors and customers concerning related policies, practices, procedures and precedent guidelines.
22. Respond to request for information and/or data providing status.