1. From the descriptions below, please select the one response that best describes how your experience and/or education meets the requirements for the Biological Science Laboratory Aide, GS-0404-03 grade level. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY 1 RESPONSE. IF YOU SELECT MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR LEAVE THE QUESTION BLANK YOU WILL BE RATED INELIGIBLE. NOTE: Your application materials must support your responses to the following questionnaire.A. I have at least 6 months of general experience. General experience is defined as: (1) any type of work that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of a biological science aid, or (2) experience that provided a familiarity with the biological sciences. Examples of general experience include: assisting with planting, transplanting, watering, and maintaining plants in a nursery; assisting with biological research; assisting with routine duties in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Assist in one or more phases of research process by performing a variety of standardized or routine duties in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment.
3. Assist with managing an inventory of chemicals, stock solutions, and biological materials to prepare solutions and reagents for use in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse setting.
4. Assist with disposing of waste material (both chemical and biological) according to rules and regulations.
5. Ensure all work areas within a laboratory, greenhouse, or field environment are orderly, clean, functional, and operated safely.
6. Assist with preparing preliminary data for a project report.
7. Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and/or procedures.
8. Use computers and software packages to tabulate, statistically analyze and summarize research data.
9. Create worksheets and graphic displays using spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel).
10. Enter, maintain, and modify research data in computer databases (e.g. Access).
11. Utilize laboratory equipment to assist with biological research experiments (i.e. balances, autoclaves, homogenizers, spectrophotometers, etc.).
12. Use field equipment (i.e. seed drill, tractor, plot combine, yield monitor, seed cleaner, scale, etc.) to assist with agricultural work or research experiments.
13. Use specialized equipment (i.e. microscopes, pH meter, EC meter, spectrophotometer, GPS receiver, yield monitor, etc.) to gather observable, empirical and measurable evidence.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
14. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.