Please read the following questions carefully and select the answer that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications.
1. Are you a citizen of the United States of America?A. Yes (You will be required to submit proof of citizenship, if considered for this position, i.e. Birth Certificate or U.S. Passport.)
2. Are you a current Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student, in good standing, enrolled in an accredited college or university?A. Yes
3. Are you currently enrolled in a computer technology or computer science related (computer forensics, cyber security, information assurance, etc.), undergraduate or graduate degree program?A. Yes
4. Do you permanently reside or attend a college or university within 50 miles of Arlington, VA?A. Yes
USPSOIG officials may not appoint any of their relatives or recommend them for appointment in the OIG. Any relative who is appointed in violation of this restriction cannot be paid. Thus it is necessary to have information about your relatives who are working for the USPS OIG. These include; mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, first cousin, niece, nephew, wife, husband, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepdaughter, stepson, stepsister, stepbrother, half-sister, and half-brother.
5. Does the USPS Office of Inspector General employ any relative of yours by blood or marriage?A. Yes (Provide information listed below)
If you answer "Yes" to this question, provide the following information in the section provided for such relatives:
(1) Full name; (2) Present address and Zip Code; (3) Relationship; (4) Position title; (5) Name and location of USPS OIG installation where employed.
ABILITY TO RESEARCH, ANALYZE, AND/OR TROUBLESHOOT TECHNICAL MATTERS RELATED TO COMPUTERS AND/OR NETWORKS
For the tasks for each Evaluation Factor in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through D for each task that best describes your education, training or experience. Your resume must support your answers or your overall rating may be negatively impacted. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Familiarity with or theoretical knowledge of equipment and software used for all aspects of cyber investigations (forensics and intrusions).
7. Familiarity with or theoretical knowledge of performing network traffic analysis.
8. Familiarity with or theoretical knowledge of malicious code analysis.
ABILITY TO USE COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND/OR SCRIPTING LANGUAGES TO AUTOMATE TASKS AND PROCESSES
9. Familiarity with or theoretical knowledge of one or more interpreted languages.
10. Familiarity with or theoretical knowledge of one or more compiled languages.
11. Ability to use computer programming and or scripting languages to solve practical problems.
EXPERIENCE WITH VARIOUS UNIX/LINUX, MICROSOFT, AND/OR MacOS OPERATING SYSTEMS
12. Skill and proficiency in using UNIX/LUNIX application software and operating systems to accomplish work assignments
13. Skill and proficiency in using Microsoft application software and operating systems to accomplish work assignments
14. Skill and proficiency in using Apple Mac application software and operating systems to accomplish work assignments
DEMONSTRATED EXPEREINCE TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY BOTH ORALLY AND IN WRITING
15. Participate in meetings and/or discussions to express ideas, issues or concerns with others
16. Brief peers, management and agency officials orally on issues, concerns or recommendations
17. Prepare or draft written documentation in a clear, concise and organized manner
DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK
18. Manage tasks and tasks related assignments/projects to ensure completion by deadline
19. Prioritize tasks based on degree of importance and urgency
20. Organize and handle paperwork and/or files efficiently
Select the response below that best states your certification of the accuracy of the responses and information provided.
21. Your responses to this questionnaire are subject to evaluation, and later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify the accuracy of your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying your or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure they accurately represent your current level of experience and capability, and select the response below that best applies. Failure to certify accuracy below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.