1. From the descriptions below please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to the Supervisory Human Resources (HR) Specialist, GS-0201-14.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Lead studies to determine the effectiveness of a department or organization's classification system.
3. Address position classification issues of unusual complexity such as impact of person-on-the-job, interdisciplinary positions, and mixed positions.
4. Conduct highly sensitive and complex position reviews and desk audits that are highly controversial and impact an agency's operation.
5. Maintain and ensure agency-wide position classification accuracy and consistency in interpreting and applying position classification standards and in reviewing classification appeal packages for major program implications.
6. Advise senior level management, HR Specialists, and agency employees on the accepted principles and rules of judgment in analyzing contentious and complex individual position and organization structure issues (e.g., resolving borderline pay category issues affecting large numbers of positions, applying broadly written guides to rapidly evolving professional or equivalent occupations, and resolving highly contentious mixed series/mixed grade, interdisciplinary fields, impact of the person on the position, and equivalent issues with widespread internal and potentially external impact).
7. Provide guidance and advice to team members on the various staffing methods, and their requirements, to fill positions (i.e., merit promotion, open competitive, noncompetitive special hiring authorities, directed reassignment, etc.).
8. Consult with managers by bringing new and innovative ideas and suggestions to managers in order to resolve complex HR and management issues and problems.
9. Collaborate with selecting officials to ensure that selection regulations and procedures are followed.
10. Evaluate recruitment and staffing program activities to ensure compliance with regulations, attainment of recruitment goals and objectives, and to determine any existence of operations policy barriers towards staffing goals/objectives.
11. Provide information to management on productivity and efficiency achieved through organizational structure, position mix, and work processes.
12. Design strategic HR plans addressing future workforce that is responsive to dynamic changes in mission and business practices
13. Serve as the authoritative advisor on Agency-wide initiatives related to change management functions.
14. Develop work products that are enable decision-makers to take action of major significance that serves as the basis of new systems, legislation, regulations, or policies.
15. Resolve conflicts, confrontations, and disagreements, within a team or work group, in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative personal impact.
16. Resolves issues related to the classification of politically sensitive jobs.
17. Resolve critical issues and develop solutions to especially complex and difficult problems involving HR functions.
18. Providing technical guidance and recommendations to high level officials both inside and outside of an organization.
19. Gain cooperation of managers, employees and high level officials on difficult issues.
20. Are you a current USAID employee serving in a permanent, competitive position?A. Yes