Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, choose one answer that best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529.A. I have a degree that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one answer which best describes your experience and/or education that meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-11A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service that includes independently developing statistical analyses, mathematical models, and applying the appropriate statistical analysis and data processing software in the evaluation of broad and comprehensive research projects.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one answer which best describes your experience and/or education that meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-12A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service that includes skill in applying a wide range of complex statistical analyses, mathematical models, and applying the appropriate statistical analysis and data processing software in the evaluation of broad and comprehensive research projects.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Write critical statistical reviews and evaluations of biomedical data, mathematical and/or statistical methods, procedures and concepts.
5. Provide advice on statistical aspects of research studies to include protocol design, definition of outcomes, sample size and power, methods of statistical analysis, interim monitoring, and the analysis of results.
6. Develop new statistical and mathematical hypotheses for biomedical research studies using state-of-the-art statistical methods.
7. Apply principles and techniques of probability theory, estimation,
inference, quality control, etc. to a variety of situations and problems.
8. Develop or implement analytical or mathematical models for use in preparing data collection/evaluation criteria for research studies.
9. Evaluate available data or data to be collected to determine if statistical and mathematical hypotheses can be tested.
10. Define and develop new methods, tests, and procedures to evaluate new, novel, or complex problems.
11. Use statistical computing packages (e.g. SAS, SUDDAN, SPSS, S-Plus, STATA, etc.) to perform statistical analyses.
12. Apply computerized mathematical models to the statistical analysis of research data.
13. Prepare reports on the progress of projects to include documentation of methods of analysis, computer programs developed, and the results of the analyses.
14. Collaborate with scientists on the preparation of manuscripts and reports on statistical findings of research studies.
15. Write reports that summarize and analyze statistical data for publication.
16. Makes recommendations to others to accept, and/or adopt, or act on recommendations and determinations.
17. Works with scientific staff in providing consultation in the application of statistical theories, techniques and methods of gathering and or interpreting quantified information on various scientific and programs issues.
18. Interprets data, explaining the mathematical or statistical techniques and limitations.
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Please review your responses to this questionnaire to ensure their accuracy. Failure to respond to this question will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.
19. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.A. Yes