Vacancy ID: 857267 Announcement Number: VAAA-MP-857267-11 USAJOBS Control Number: 339761500Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Continuation of Service Agreement. Employees may be required to sign an agreement with the Agency upon completion of the first year of training, to remain with the agency for a period of up to 3 years after the completion of the formal training/internship program.A. Yes. I am willing to sign a Continuation of Service Agreement with the agency for up to 3 years upon completion of the formal training/internship program.
The employee will agree to (1) continue in the service of his agency for a period of up to 3 years, commencing upon completion of the formal training, and (2) pay back expenses if he/she voluntarily separates from his agency prior to completion of the service obligation period.
B. No. I am not willing to sign a Continuation of Service Agreement.
This section will be used to determine if you possess the basic educational requirements needed to qualify for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102.
2. Please select the response that most closely matches your basic educational qualifications for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102-07 positions. Make sure your resume supports the response you select.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
Transcripts must be provided to support your educational claims. Failure to provide transcripts will result in an ineligible rating.
B. I have at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
C. I do not meet the criteria described in statements A or B above and do not qualify for this position.
In addition to meeting the Basic Qualifications requirement, applicants must also meet one of the following to be qualified for the GS-07 grade level.
In order to be considered, you must answer each of the questions below addressing minimum qualifications/specialized experience. Failure to answer any of these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
3. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your education and/or specialized experience for the position of Contract Specialist GS-1102-07.A. I am eligible based on Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) based on one of the following: (1) class standing (upper third standing in graduating class); (2) grade-point average (2.95 overall or over the last two years of bachelor's degree -or- 3.45 in your major field or over the last two years in your major); or (3) election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
B. I have completed one full year of graduate level study in one of the following fields of study: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management. GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
C. I have completed at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-5 level in the Federal Service, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems, that has equipped me with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. This experience may have also been gained in the private sector. Creditable specialized experience includes: experience performing developmental and/or recurring assignments in support of a local installation or in a centralized procurement activity; procuring supplies or services; reviewing requisitions to determine that proper specifications and/or purchase descriptions; applying negotiation techniques resulting in win-win solutions, and analyzing facts and other related documents to drive conclusions and offer recommendations.
D. COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: I have less than the full amount of graduate education described in "B" and less than the amount of experience described in "C," but have a combination of the type of graduate education described in "B" and the type of experience described in "C." If you do not qualify based on education or experience alone, you can combine your education and experience by converting each to a percentage and then adding the percentages.
E. I do not have the experience/education described in the statements above.
For each task choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select one (1) letter as it applies to you for each statement below.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without a review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
4. Make comparison of prices, discounts, delivery dates, or handling charges for purchasing/procurement.
5. Apply standard arithmetic practices used in business (e.g., discounts and warranties) sufficient to compare prices on recurring types of procurements.
6. Utilize fact-finding skills to gain knowledge and apply toward a targeted outcome.
7. Draft simple technical documents and communicate effectively to convey technical information.
8. Function as a member of a team to achieve a business outcome.
9. Perform basic analyses of a contract, including pricing data and historical information.
10. Participate in a challenging negotiation resulting in a win-win outcome.
11. Utilize customer service techniques in a controversial business situation leading to a positive outcome.
12. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes.