Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Continuation of Service Agreement. Employees may be required to sign an agreement with the Agency upon completion of the first year of training, to remain with the agency for a period of up to 3 years after the completion of the formal training/internship program.
The employee will agree to (1) continue in the service of his agency for a period of up to 3 years, commencing upon completion of the formal training, and (2) pay back expenses if he/she voluntarily separates from his agency prior to completion of the service obligation period.
This section will be used to determine if you possess the basic educational requirements needed to qualify for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102.
2. Please select the response that most closely matches your basic educational qualifications for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102-07 positions. Make sure your resume supports the response you select.
Transcripts must be provided to support your educational claims. Failure to provide transcripts will result in an ineligible rating.
In addition to meeting the Basic Qualifications requirement, applicants must also meet one of the following to be qualified for the GS-07 grade level.
In order to be considered, you must answer each of the questions below addressing minimum qualifications/specialized experience. Failure to answer any of these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
3. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your education and/or specialized experience for the position of Contract Specialist GS-1102-07.A. I am eligible based on Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) based on one of the following: (1) class standing (upper third standing in graduating class); (2) grade-point average (2.95 overall or over the last two years of bachelor's degree -or- 3.45 in your major field or over the last two years in your major); or (3) election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
For each task choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select one (1) letter as it applies to you for each statement below.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
4. Make comparison of prices, discounts, delivery dates, or handling charges for purchasing/procurement.
5. Apply standard arithmetic practices used in business (e.g., discounts and warranties) sufficient to compare prices on recurring types of procurements.
6. Utilize fact-finding skills to gain knowledge and apply toward a targeted outcome.
7. Draft simple technical documents and communicate effectively to convey technical information.
8. Function as a member of a team to achieve a business outcome.
9. Perform basic analyses of a contract, including pricing data and historical information.
10. Participate in a challenging negotiation resulting in a win-win outcome.
11. Utilize customer service techniques in a controversial business situation leading to a positive outcome.
12. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes.