Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
This section will be used to determine if you possess the experience and/or education needed to qualify for this Administrative Support Assistant, GS-0303-05/06, position.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your specialized experience as it relates to the GS-05 qualification requirements. Note: Your resume must support the response you select, and transcripts must be provided if qualifying based on education.A. I have one or more years of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 Federal grade level that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of specialized experience include routing incoming calls or outgoing materials, preparing reports using office automation, maintaining a manager's calendar, responding to general inquiries regarding office procedures, and maintaining timekeeping records.
2. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your specialized experience as it relates to the GS-06 qualification requirements. Federal grade level. Note: Your resume must support the response you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 Federal grade level that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of specialized experience include reviewing written documents for accuracy and completeness, entering information into established databases, scheduling meetings, providing staff members with updates on office procedures, and reconciling timekeeping records using an automated system.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Review correspondence or written documents for accuracy and completeness.
4. Track controlled correspondence.
5. Route incoming calls to the appropriate office or individual.
6. Route outgoing materials such as controlled or routine correspondence, memoranda, and other forms of written communication.
7. Use office automation to prepare reoccurring reports, forms, and correspondence.
8. Use office automation to prepare reports that include technical material, graphs, and charts.
9. Use word processing software as a qualified typist.
10. Enter information into established databases or systems which track administrative activities.
11. Maintain a manager's calendar with authority to make appointments and arrange meetings.
12. Serve as a point of contact for scheduling meetings for conference rooms.
13. Attend meetings or conference to prepare meeting minutes.
14. Follow up with the appropriate staff members on action items indicated in meeting minutes.
15. Receive and greet visitors as an office point of contact.
16. Refer office visitors to the appropriate staff member or business unit.
17. Respond to general inquiries or answer procedural questions about an organization and its common work practices or policies.
18. Provide staff members with up-to-date guidance on office procedures and administrative requirements.
19. Maintain an accurate office filing system.
20. Prepare or process travel documents for an office staff.
21. Maintain accurate timekeeping records for office staff members.
22. Manually initiate or reconcile timekeeping records.
23. Initiate or reconcile timekeeping records using an automated system.
24. Purchase office supplies, equipment, or other materials following purchasing procedures and guidelines.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
25. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.