Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, chose one answer that best describes your education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer GS-0696.A. I have a bachelor's degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming. (Must submit transcripts)
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience analyzing consumer safety policies, practices, and operations related to the FDA; deciding which methodologies to use in achieving work goals and objectives; and recommending changes to policies and procedures to ensure enforcement of published regulations.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Complete long-range analyses of emerging problems and conflicts in the scientific/regulatory field.
4. Keep abreast of crucial and precedent-setting cases under review within the agency and in the regulated industry.
5. Research problems in depth and report findings to senior management.
6. Recommend changes to policies and procedures to ensure effective and equitable enforcement of regulations related to the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
7. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, including setting and adjusting short-term priorities.
8. Provide advice and guidance regarding the scientific regulatory and compliance concepts necessary to accomplish compliance, enforcement, and/or regulatory objectives.
9. Utilize assigned resources providing leadership, guidance and technical direction necessary to ensure effective accomplishments of the office programs.
10. Establish guidelines and performance expectations for staff.
11. Provide advice and counsel to workers related to work and administrative matters.
12. Advise professionals and officials in other organizations with programs interrelated with that in which the consumer safety officer is an expert.
13. Attend professional meetings both within and outside the Federal government.
14. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.