Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the grade level(s) posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the grade level(s) posted on this vacancy announcement and the position had promotion potential to the GS-14 grade level or above.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement one. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-14 Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer (Director State Cooperative Programs) position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least GS-13 level in the Federal Service as described in the vacancy announcement.A. Yes
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696.A. I have a degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
Please answer yes or no to statement two. Your response will determine if you meet the time-in-grade requirement for this position.
3. I have 52 weeks at the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
4. Please select the appropriate response from the list below.A. I am currently serving in a permanent position at the GS-14 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
Your response to the statement below will determine if you meet the area of consideration.
5. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Interpret and apply the Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act and related industry practices and regulations to ensure accuracy and completeness of objectives.
7. Ensure applicable laws, guidance and policies are followed and implemented in accomplishing assigned tasks.
8. Formulate recommendations based on background and understanding of policies, regulations, procedures and information.
9. Direct the formulation and recommendation of plans participating in the establishment of goals and priorities in assigned area.
10. Direct, coordinate, integrate, and guide the work of others to ensure that the overall program plans are carried out as efficiently and effectively.
11. Assist in carrying out the diverse responsibilities related to the mission of the organization ensuring timeframes are met and appropriate resources utilized.
12. Deploy and utilize assigned resources, provide leadership, guidance and technical direction necessary to ensure effective accomplishments of the program.
13. Formulate and recommend plans to ensure establishment of goals, leadership, guidance and technical accomplishments.
14. Develop and interpret established operating policies and procedures in order to formulate and recommend plans, establish goals, leadership, guidance, program strategies and technical accomplishments.
15. Develop work improvement plans, recommending personnel actions as necessary to ensure program objective are met.
16. Maintain crucial review of overall program ensuring applicable laws, guidance and policies are followed and implemented in accomplishing assigned tasks.
17. Responsible for furthering the goals of equal employment opportunities (EEO) by taking positive steps to assure accomplishment of workforce diversity and affirmative action objectives are met.
18. Execute the administrative and personnel management responsibilities to ensure the mission assigned is accomplished.
19. Track special funding initiatives ensuring regulation and policy is met.
20. Develop comprehensive short and long range work plans and budgetary proposals necessary for the assigned work plan.
21. Plan organizational structures, staffing needs based on needs to accomplish mission.
22. Address and resolve personnel management policy matters necessary to accomplish mission.
23. Formulate administrative management decisions regarding major changes in the internal work processes and resources to improve operating efficiency.
24. Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with Centers/Offices, State and Local organizations and governments and general public.
25. Access customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures, and resolve problems that arise.
26. Coordinate and provide interpretation and guidance on overall regulatory review, compliance operational policy and special issues.
27. Develop comprehensive short and long range work plans and budgetary proposals necessary for the work plan.
28. Participate in the formulation of enforcement actions, plan response to emergencies, and collaborate with other offices and government state and local agencies in pursuing investigation and emergency operations.
29. Develop managerial concepts, systems, and techniques which substantially improve the posture of an office in accomplishing assigned program goals.
30. Develop and prepare difficult written material in final form such as complicated instructions; sensitive correspondence on controversial issues and substantive comments on agency issues.
31. Write procedural clarifications on regulations and policy issues affecting the work performed.