The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions to identify basic requirements, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy. Please answer A ("Yes") or B("No") to each question below.A- Yes.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, serving in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]
Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
Please identify the state in which you are licensed, and the year of licensure.
4. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed. Please remember that a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.
5. Have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
6. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This section includes questions about the qualifications for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following questions.A- Yes.
7. Do you have at least one year of professional psychologist experience equivalent to the next lower grade GS-13 level.
8. Do you have the ability to organize work, set priorities, delegate tasks, and meet multiple deadlines.
9. Do you have the skill in managing and directing the work of others to accomplish program goals and objectives, and ability to devise ways to adapt work operations to new and changing programs, staffing, and budget requirements, etc.
10. Do you have the ability to translate management goals and objectives into well-coordinated and controlled work operations.
11. Do you have the ability to ability to establish and monitor production and performance priorities and standards.
12. Do you have the knowledge and ability to appropriately utilize, evidence based practices and clinical practice guidelines and ability to guide staff in using these tools.
13. Do you have the ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups representing widely divergent backgrounds, interests, and points of view.
14. Do you have the ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and to develop and implement solutions that result in sound operation of the program.