Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For the following questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS04 Student Trainee (Clerical - Office Automation).
2. To be eligible for a student position, you must be at least 16 years of age. Please indicate if you meet this criteria.A. I am at least 16 years old.
3. Indicate your level of typing proficiency by choosing the appropriate statement below. A typing test may be administered at a later time in the process.
4. This position requires experience with word processing software, e.g., Microsoft Word, WordPerfect. Do you have experience producing a variety of written documents utilizing varied and advanced word processing software functions?
5. This position also required experience working with spreadsheet software, e.g., Microsoft Excel. Do you have experience inputting selected information into spreadsheet files.
6. Do you currently possess a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5?
Please indicate your current GPA.
7. Have you received any academic awards or honors (e.g., Dean's List, President's List)?
If you answered "yes", please indicate which academic honors or awards you have received.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
8. Operating a copying machine.
9. Collating and stapling material.
10. Sorting and arranging material for filing and files material in alphabetical, numerical or chronological order.
11. Processing recurring documents with responsibility for checking actions for obvious errors and omissions.
12. Answering telephone and referring callers to staff members or taking messages as appropriate.
13. Making recurring and special messenger trips as necessary.
14. Following instructions to complete assignments in an office setting.
15. Producing a variety of written documents using varied and advanced word processing software functions, e.g., creating tables of contents and list of exhibits.
16. Sorting, calculating, and retrieving data from electronic databases or spreadsheets to produce reports, charts, or graphs.
17. Storing, retrieving, editing, and printing a variety of documents with complex formats such as graphics or tables within text.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
18. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice.