This assessment section includes questions to determine if you are in the area of consideration for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you. Failure to respond to these questions may result in an ineligible rating.A- Yes
1. CURRENT EMPLOYEE: Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)? (A copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed is required at the time of application.)
2. TRANSFER: Are you currently a permanent federal employee employed at an agency other than VA? (A copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed is required at the time of application)
3. If you are a current Federal employee, please choose the statement that best describes your federal employment background compared to the target grade level of the position.A. PROMOTION: I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade of the vacancy, on a permanent basis.
4. REINSTATEMENT: Are you a former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility? To be eligible for reinstatement, (1) you must have served in a career appointment, or (2) You must have served on a career-conditional appointment which ended during the past three years. Note: the three-year limit does not apply to applicants with Veterans preference. This three-year limit is extended for those who have had other federal service since the career-conditional appointment ended, by the length of that other employment. A copy of the most recent, or last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, issued during that federal employment is required at the time of application. Please make sure that the document has Items 24 and 34 completed.A. Yes
5. If you are a former Federal employee who answered yes to question 4, please choose the statement that best describes the highest grade you held in these appointments.A. REINSTATEMENT - COMPETITIVE: I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis.
6. 30% DISABLED VETERAN: Are you eligible for appointment as a 30% or more compensable disabled Veteran? To be eligible, you must have retired from active military service with a service-connected disability rating of 30% or more, OR have a rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs showing a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. (Please include in your Application for 10-Point Preference, SF-15, and the documents required by the SF-15.)A. Yes
7. VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA): Are you eligible for a Veterans Employment Opportunity Act appointment? To be eligible, you are a Preference Veteran Preference, or you are Veteran separated after substantially completing at least 3 years of continuous active duty service performed under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge). (Please include in your application copies of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214, or other proof of your service.)A. Yes
8. NON-COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT ELIGIBILITY: Are you eligible for some other noncompetitive appointment? This includes appointment based on an interchange agreement, severe disability (Schedule A), eligibility of some military spouses, or similar authorities. To see information about interchange agreements and other noncompetitive appointments you may view at the link below: (Please include with your application documents that show you are eligible under the special authority, such as personnel action documents showing eligibility for appointment through an interchange agreement, letter from a vocational rehabilitation counselor for appointment based on a severe disability, etc.)
1. Continuation of Service Agreement. Employees may be required to sign an agreement with the Agency upon completion of the first year of training, to remain with the agency for a period of up to 3 years after the completion of the formal training/internship program.
The employee will agree to (1) continue in the service of his agency for a period of up to 3 years, commencing upon completion of the formal training, and (2) pay back expenses if he/she voluntarily separates from his agency prior to completion of the service obligation period.
This section will be used to determine if you possess the basic educational requirements needed to qualify for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102.
2. Please select the response that most closely matches your basic educational qualifications for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102-07 positions. Make sure your resume supports the response you select.
Transcripts must be provided to support your educational claims. Failure to provide transcripts will result in an ineligible rating.
In addition to meeting the Basic Qualifications requirement, applicants must also meet one of the following to be qualified for the GS-07 grade level.
In order to be considered, you must answer each of the questions below addressing minimum qualifications/specialized experience. Failure to answer any of these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
3. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your education and/or specialized experience for the position of Contract Specialist GS-1102-07.A. I am eligible based on Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) based on one of the following: (1) class standing (upper third standing in graduating class); (2) grade-point average (2.95 overall or over the last two years of bachelor's degree -or- 3.45 in your major field or over the last two years in your major); or (3) election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
For each task choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select one (1) letter as it applies to you for each statement below.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
4. Make comparison of prices, discounts, delivery dates, or handling charges for purchasing/procurement.
5. Apply standard arithmetic practices used in business (e.g., discounts and warranties) sufficient to compare prices on recurring types of procurements.
6. Utilize fact-finding skills to gain knowledge and apply toward a targeted outcome.
7. Draft simple technical documents and communicate effectively to convey technical information.
8. Function as a member of a team to achieve a business outcome.
9. Perform basic analyses of a contract, including pricing data and historical information.
10. Participate in a challenging negotiation resulting in a win-win outcome.
11. Utilize customer service techniques in a controversial business situation leading to a positive outcome.
12. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes.