Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (07) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your responses are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
1. Do you possess a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in psychology? (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED - if you do not submit a copy of your transcript your application may not be processed.)A. Yes
2. In addition to the educational requirement listed above, do you also possess one year of technical work under the direction of a professional psychologist in a program of professional services, training, or research equivalent to the GS-6 level in federal service? Experience may have been gained in connection with a program of research or direct services in psychology that gave a practical understanding of some of the principles, methods, and techniques of psychology needed to assist professional psychologists. (You must document that your work is under the direction of a professional psychologist.)A. Yes
3. Do you possess one full year of graduate education in psychology in an accredited college or university? (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED - if you do not submit a copy of your transcript your application may not be processed.)A. Yes
Selective Placement Factors (SPF) are a prerequisite to appointment and represent minimum requirements for the position. Applicants who do not meet the SPF are ineligible for further consideration.
4. I possess experience working under the direction of a scientist on a clinical research grant in the social sciences.A. Yes
If you responded yes to the SPF, please provide a brief example in the box below of where this experience was gained as supported by your resume.
The following statements pertain to your ability to conduct psychiatric clinical interviews as well as oversee research staff conducting such interviews.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Use standardized psychiatric assessments such as the semi-structured clinical interview for the Mini-Psychiatric Assessment.
6. Train subordinate staff who conducts psychiatric assessments.
7. Assist in modifications of techniques and hardware to improve the outcome of research studies.
8. Assist the principal investigator in planning and organizing research.
9. Oversee technical aspects of functional research experiments.
10. Manage multiple study protocols concerning research on mental health issues.
The following statements pertain to your ability to inspect clinical report forms and ensure adherence to research protocols.
11. Assess accuracy of clinical report forms of several projects.
12. Lead laboratory meetings to ensure adherence to research protocols.
13. Collaborate with other scientists to discuss research approaches.
14. Assist in experimental design and use of computerized statistical tools.
15. Administer neuropsychological tests under the direction of a licensed psychologist.
The following statements pertain to your ability to ensure regulatory compliance as required by the institutional review board and/or appropriate regulatory agencies.
16. Create, submit, and maintain institutional review board documents.
17. Report protocol deviations to the project investigator and appropriate oversight agencies.
The following statements pertain to your ability to identify, recruit, enroll and retain research participants.
18. Screen and enroll participants to ensure they meet study inclusion/exclusion criteria.
19. Create and maintain effective participant tracking sheets.
20. Meet protocol recruitment and retention targets.
21. Identify novel approaches to participant recruitment and retention.
The following statements pertain to your ability to conduct data analyses.
22. Select source documents at random to verify accuracy of data entered into a database and verify that quality control procedures have been followed.
23. Use Statistical Packages for the Social Sciences (SPSS) or equivalent software.
24. Use Analyses of Variance (ANOVA) software to analyze data sets.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
25. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
RESUME REMINDER- Your resume must include the following information each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Please be aware that your answers will be verified against information provided on your resume. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all of the questions by addressing your work experience in detail.
Recommended: Even though we do not require a specific resume format, your resume must be clear so that we are able to fully evaluate your qualifications. To ensure you receive appropriate consideration, please list the duties you performed under each individual job title. If we are unable to match your experiences with the positions held, you may lose consideration for this vacancy. We cannot make assumptions regarding your qualifications.
Transcript Reminder - You must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or an appropriate course listing with your application.
Veteran's Preference Documentation Reminder - In order to receive appropriate preference consideration, you should submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference should also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the SF-15 form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).