Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-9 Paralegal Specialist.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Reviewing investigative reports to determine whether a case has merit for prosecution.
3. Reviewing financial litigation reports to determine whether a case has merit for prosecution.
4. Identifying assets and strategies relating to collection in criminal cases.
5. Serving as a point of contact for financial litigation cases.
6. Preparing financial litigation reports for management to summarize collection efforts and statistics.
7. Conducting interviews of debtors relating to financial litigation cases.
8. Conducting interviews of employers relating to financial litigation cases.
9. Making decisions for debt compromise and write-off.
10. Making decisions for referral of financial claims.
11. Using automated legal research tools to research financial litigation cases.
12. Using public information databases to research financial litigation cases.
13. Preparing legal documents to effect post-judgment actions regarding debts.
14. Preparing motions, foreclosures and garnishments.
15. Preparing legal pleadings to commence financial litigation proceedings.
16. Determining appropriate legal action to liquidate judgments.
17. Reviewing databases to evaluate the effectiveness of a debt collection operation.
18. Reviewing cases referred for civil or criminal proceedings.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
19. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department