Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level providing supervision or technical advice to a group of employees who are responsible for responding to internal and external requests for review of Immigration records; providing technical and administrative support for staff; prepare written communications, instructions, directives, and guidelines in such a way that they may be easily comprehended by the target audience; resolve complaints not requiring referral to higher authority and recommend solutions for those referred to higher organizational levels; analyze and report statistical information related to workload.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
DEFAULT SCALE: For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. I have supervised or led a team where I assigned duties equitably based on workload priorities and available resources.
4. I have evaluated employee performance and made recommendations for improvement.
5. I have developed and implemented training plans for groups or individuals or have mentored/coached individuals who had varied degrees of experience.
6. I have an understanding of USCIS rules and policies and the forms and processes associated with immigration benefits.
7. I have performed research through USCIS electronic systems such as CIS, CLAIMS, MFAS, and RAPS to gather and analyze facts related to immigration cases.
8. I have experience safeguarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and other sensitive but unclassified information.
9. I have an understanding of USCIS Records Management concepts, principles, and practices.
10. I have knowledge of immigration enforcement forms, policies, procedures and concepts.
11. I have established and carried out specific action plans for accomplishing short-term goals and objectives.
12. I have coordinated or negotiated with customers on delivery of work products.
13. I have prioritized the use of available personnel and resources to provide optimal customer services.
14. I have dealt with difficult customers and resolved their complaints or concerns.
15. I have prepared formal written communications including case specific updates, policy guidance, instructions, and evaluations.
16. I have conducted training related to complex tasks and intricate policies and procedures.
17. I have experience in communicating with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
18. I have explained complex or technical information to others in an understandable way.
19. I have resolved complaints not requiring referral to higher authority.
20. I have analyzed and reported on statistical data related to workload.
21. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.