Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 857236
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. From the responses below, select the one response that best describes the experience and/or education that you possess which allows you to meet the Basic Requirements for this position.A. I have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included 24 semester hours in accounting (and/or auditing). The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
2. From the responses below, select the one response that best describes the experience that you possess which allows you to meet the Minimum Qualifications for this position.A. I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level of Federal service that includes: analyzing financial data; preparing financial reports; processing and recording financial transactions; providing technical advice with regard to complex financial issues; and resolving discrepancies in financial data.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list of responses below that best describes your experience and/or education. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Analyze financial information such as payments, allotments, allocations, obligations, and unliquidated balances.
4. Process and record financial transactions into an automated accounting system.
5. Participate in the development or revision of financial management directives or policies.
6. Analyze financial systems to determine if they are providing the needed information to produce required reports.
7. Review financial data in order to identify discrepancies.
8. Process journal voucher transactions in an automated financial system.
9. Utilize multiple accounting systems to analyze and organize financial data.
10. Advise management on accounting system requirements.
11. Conduct training sessions with regard to financial and accounting systems.
12. Field inquiries in order to respond to audit requests.
13. Establish and maintain liaison with personnel from other agencies and organizations.
14. Interface with internal and external customers to address concerns and share best practices.
15. Develop training materials pertaining to financial management systems, procedures, and issues.
16. Verify data entered into an automated financial system.
17. Interpret existing policies in order to communicate regulatory guidance to stakeholders.
18. Ensure accurate recording of resources such as obligations, collections, and journal vouchers.