Under Executive Order 11935, only United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island) may compete for, and be appointed to, competitive service jobs.
1. Are you a citizen of the United States?A. Yes.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
2. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English? [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]A. Yes.
EDUCATION - The following section is used to determine if you meet the basic education requirements for the position.
3. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from an accredited college or university whose curriculum in psychology is approved at the time of your graduation by the American Psychological Association (APA)? (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)A. Yes.
4. Did you complete a one year psychology internship, which met APA internship requirements? Exceptions: (1) New VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.A. Yes.
LICENSURE - The following section is used to determine if you meet the basic licensure requirements for the position.
5. Do you possess a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia? A copy of your license must be submitted.A. Yes.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to meeting the basic requirements, applicants must also meet the specialized experience requirements in order to tentatively qualify for this position.
6. Do you possess at least two years of post-doctoral experience appropriate to psychology? Ensure that your application and/or resume supports your response that you select.A. Yes.
VETERANS PREFERENCE -
7. Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference.
Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.
CERTIFICATION OF UNDERSTANDING- Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
8. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my
not being considered for this position.
This position has a positive education requirement, therefore you must submit your transcripts proving a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), and therefore you must submit your transcripts proving completion of such a degree.
Resume Reminder - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
• Job title
• Duties (be as detailed as possible
• Month and Year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008
• Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form