1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic education requirement for a Biologist position.A. I have successfully completed a four year course of study leading to a Bachelors or higher degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS).
2. Please read the following statements carefully and select the one response that best describes your experience and/or education as it pertains to the Minimum Qualifications Requirement for this position.A. I have one full year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or higher in the Federal service, that included: providing support to a research team in conducting scientific studies; providing guidance to others on laboratory procedures and methods; and communicating the results of experiments orally and in writing.
3. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-12 Biologist.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service, that included: planning and conducting scientific research studies; coordinating the daily activities of a scientific laboratory; analyzing and interpreting scientific data to modify studies; and communicating the results of experiments orally and in writing.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
4. Provide technical guidance to other scientist in techniques and procedures related to tissue culture and/or maintaining cell culture.
5. Conduct studies to evaluate immune responses to pathogens as vaccine candidates in animal models.
6. Use molecular techniques to generate genetic mutants of blood borne pathogens.
7. Manipulate sample types such as blood, saliva and/or tissues for analysis by flow cytometry.
8. Use molecular techniques to generate genetic mutants of blood borne pathogens or other infectious agents.
9. Generate genetic mutants of cell lines and animals.
10. Evaluate novel diagnostic methods for the detection of blood borne pathogens.
11. Interpret unusual test results to identify probable causes.
12. Interpret experimental data to write technical reports.
13. Record observations on tests performed.
14. Collaborate with scientists to submit manuscripts to scientific journals.
15. Present original research at scientific meetings.
16. Lead a team of scientists in conducting experimental studies.
17. Exchange information with other scientists on findings from research studies.
18. Mange the day-to-day operations of a laboratory.
19. Provide training to others on the use of laboratory equipment.
20. Orient new staff on the methods and procedures used in a lab.
21. Coordinate research projects by ensuring the availability of equipment and supplies.